testtest

Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2021)

There are some good guns in here. I was surprised at some of the comments. There are some magazines that are hard to load or hard to load completely. That's why a Uplula mag loader is a worthwhile tool. My wife mastered it inside of 3 minutes.

I can't imagine another magazine more difficult to load full when new than a P365, although maybe the Shield's mag when new is harder...? After 200-300 rounds my P365 mags became Uplula-free...hand-loadable (I refer to the last round of course). My wife loves her Shield EZ. I love to shoot it as well. I have to admit shooting .380 is not unpleasant at all. She doesn't like my 365, too snappy. That's ok, more 9mm for me.

I can't imagine another magazine more difficult to load full when new than a P365, although maybe the Shield's mag when new is harder...? After 200-300 rounds my P365 mags became Uplula-free...hand-loadable (I refer to the last round of course). My wife loves her Shield EZ. I love to shoot it as well. I have to admit shooting .380 is not unpleasant at all. She doesn't like my 365, too snappy. That's ok, more 9mm for me.
My original Shield magazine is a pain to fully load it up, I used to just download it by one round

The struggle with the last round….or do the guns all get prettier at closing time?

Good choices, always a need to get to a starting point to familiarize with what may be available depending on the stock at the LGS.
Agree on the limitations but I prefer that women, (or anyone) avoid Off Person carry due to the unrelenting bands of youthful purse snatching urbane crooks or the ever so common leaving the purse hanging behind a chair in the restaurant exposed to the light fingered distractor and God forbid…while on public transit. Same applies to backpacks.
An unattached, hard to get at firearm is a serious disadvantage even if no threat exists. Loose stuff tends to get left behind or tossed in unlikely or unusual situations. All around Safety First - like my power tools, flashlight, pencil, phone are all tethered when up on a ladder/roof.

My girlfriend caught me with a conceal carry woman…then she told my wife.

I trained many civilian women in concealed weapons courses and made a few cogent observations about their choice of firearms. First I found that a number of them showed up with a gun that someone else who presumed they knew something about guns chose for them, such as Ruger LCP's and S&W Airweight revolvers. I saw women with sub compact guns on which they could not operate the slide or controls, and ultralight revolvers that they were ready to throw away because of the sting from recoil.

When training a new group of novices, I talked about how you choose a gun. My requirements are that it be center fire, that it fits your hand, that you can operate the controls, and that you can hit the target. With semi-autos, my test was that the student be able to fully rack the slide 10 times in succession. If they were unable to do that, they had the wrong gun.

I generally put out about 20 handguns for the students to handle and try. What was surprising to me was that most of the women chose intuitively a carry sized pistol or revolver rather than the micro guns. The general favorite seemed to be the SIG P320 Compact or the Glock 19-the actions were easier to operate, and you can certainly shoot better with a larger pistol. The SIG p365 came in close as well. Airweight revolvers, while easy to carry and look "cute", are uncomfortable to shoot with full power loads. Steel framed revolvers are another story and many of my female students did very well with them.

We tend to have misconceptions about what women want or need. (Mrs. Greener and I have been together for 43 years and she will attest to that fact). It is best to allow them to handle and shoot a variety and choose for themselves.

I made a mistake...I sent my wife to a shooting class yesterday (okay, I said I didn't mind when she brought it up). Upon returning home and all day today she's texting me questions about guns, ammo, accessories. OMG, I might need to get a second job. I was happy when she would go shoot every once in a while....Now I might have to go get a second job.:cry: She was happy before with her .380...now she's talking 9mm and .40. At least 9 is cheaper than 380...40 is about the same, so I'll discourage that! (Although I can run that in my 10mm....might need to think about this more...)

I made a mistake...I sent my wife to a shooting class yesterday (okay, I said I didn't mind when she brought it up). Upon returning home and all day today she's texting me questions about guns, ammo, accessories. OMG, I might need to get a second job. I was happy when she would go shoot every once in a while....Now I might have to go get a second job.:cry: She was happy before with her .380...now she's talking 9mm and .40. At least 9 is cheaper than 380...40 is about the same, so I'll discourage that! (Although I can run that in my 10mm....might need to think about this more...)
You're lucky. It may cost you some money, but you are going to get less grief from her when you buy that new gun you wanted. I would love for my wife to get into it like I am. As it is every time I buy a shotgun she rolls her eyes and asks me if I plan on having 8 more arms sewn on to shoot all the shotguns I keep buying. lol

Best gun for a woman…the one she can shoot correctly and accurately. When i taught my wife to shoot i brought, borrowed or rented guns in all the major calibers to let her pick a cartridge she liked. Then she started handling guns in that caliber until she found the one that felt best to her. Then we rented that pistol to see how she liked shooting it. Finally it followed us home so we had to keep it.

Back