testtest

Best sites to get powder and primers

I’m new to reloading was looking for some trusted web sites to get powder and primers from because all the local stores around me are out of stock, any trustworthy sites you guys can throw my way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Midway has some powder in stock.
Hodgdon (Hodgdon, Winchester, IMR, Accurate) has some powders available recently.
You might also check Brownell's.
Primers have been scarce and Vista Outdoors (owns CCI, Federal and Remington) is not accepting new primer orders.

I've ordered primers from Midway several times, but you have to check them often. They're gone really fast. My last powder purchases were from Sportsman's Warehouse and Cal-ranch. I buy 8 lb. jugs.

As others already mentioned Midway is a good place to look for reloading supplies and another place I'd recommend is Natchez Shooters. Natchez has powder in stock more often than some of the other sites though I don't typically see primers available there too often.

Last edited:
Create accounts on all the sites mentioned above. Pick the items you want and sign up for notices. When you receive the text or email telling you that the item is in stock, you have only minutes to order it. Hundreds of others are doing the same thing.

Expect to pay close to $40 a pound for powder and 10 cents a primer.

Maybe a relatively obscure location is a retail store that does sell over the internet. It is Salida Gunstore. They seem to get stuff in fairly regularly and they will notify you if you are on their mailing list and announce order contents they are expecting.

Email notices don't work, you need to check into sites several times a day. You'll have minutes to pull the trigger :cool:.

What I like about them is that when they send out a notice, it is a pending preorder that has been shipped, and they will let you order before it even gets in. Sure, you tie up funds for maybe a week, but what they list is a confirmed receipt. I've bought several cans of powder through them. Prices are fair, and they ship as soon as they get it.

Brownells.com just sent me an e-mail about several powder(s) in stock...I don't reload, but I get their marketing notices.

Back