testtest

Blackhawk Issues Response on Safety of Light-Bearing Holsters

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Ran across this concerning Sigs statement on holsters that you use with a weapon light from Blackhawk holsters

Says the company whose Serpa holsters are banned by just about everyone and anyone.
oh-no-you-didnt-ken-jeong.gif

I had a serpa holster when they first came out and the pin in the finger release tab somehow got messed up and the gun would not come out. Needless to say my gunsmith with the help of some tools and cursing managed to remove the weapon. I attended a specialized course taught by some very skilled three digit govt. agency a few days later and asked them guys. They said absolute garbage and actually showed me some pics of the defective ones they encountered so after one failing me personally I'll never use a blackhawk product again although I know several Officers who swear by em. Just my two cents...

The issue with the Serpa was people shooting themselves. They were pushing in the release and holding pressure as they drew. The result was a tight finger falling directly on the trigger. BANG! o_O
That's why IDPA banned them. :poop:

The safety issue with the Serpa is overblown. I trained hundreds of officers with the Serpa LEVEL III that their employers issued with Glocks with no issues. it is a training issue, period. You don't put your damn finger on the trigger when drawing. It all started when one dumbass in Texas tried a CQB drill with a holster he never used before, disengaged the safety on his 1911 and put his finger on the trigger before the gun was pointed down range, and shot himself in the leg. It wouldn't have mattered what kind of holster, he didn't know what he was doing. Then FLETC jumped on that bandwagon. The fact is, thousands of officers and military personnel used those holsters with no problem.

The manufacturers of security holsters tell you to draw an unloaded gun from the holster at least 200 times before going live. It is and always was a training issue. Just like in the 80's when officers were shooting themselves in the leg right and left with those new fangled Glocks because of trigger finger discipline.

The safety issue with the Serpa is overblown. I trained hundreds of officers with the Serpa LEVEL III that their employers issued with Glocks with no issues. it is a training issue, period. You don't put your damn finger on the trigger when drawing. It all started when one dumbass in Texas tried a CQB drill with a holster he never used before, disengaged the safety on his 1911 and put his finger on the trigger before the gun was pointed down range, and shot himself in the leg. It wouldn't have mattered what kind of holster, he didn't know what he was doing. Then FLETC jumped on that bandwagon. The fact is, thousands of officers and military personnel used those holsters with no problem.

The manufacturers of security holsters tell you to draw an unloaded gun from the holster at least 200 times before going live. It is and always was a training issue. Just like in the 80's when officers were shooting themselves in the leg right and left with those new fangled Glocks because of trigger finger discipline.
Exactly.

Back