testtest

Boot Polish

As a Woodsman I like making certain things: axe sheaths, tools handles and even some rope on occasion... Well I also work for a living and I do so in a weld shop. I like taking care of my tools and boots are that. So I made some animal based boot polish and I wanna show off a bit. Left one is before, right is after.

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_002524060.jpg
    IMG_20220109_002524060.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20220109_002516265.jpg
    IMG_20220109_002516265.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
Looks good. If you like learning and reading about primitive outdoorsman skills I can highly recommend several books. A pilgrims journey volumes 1 and 2 by Mark A. Baker.

They are a compendium of articles he wrote for Muzzleloader magazines and are both interesting and informative. There were also tapes that he made also not sure if they are available. I have the vhs versions I need to get put on DVD.

He is the person they hired to teach and train Daniel Day Lewis to be Hawkeye for Last Of The Mohicans.

They talk things like how to make oil cloth for tentage, how to dye cloth with black walnut hulls, how to parch corn for a hunting staple.

Last edited:
As a Woodsman I like making certain things: axe sheaths, tools handles and even some rope on occasion... Well I also work for a living and I do so in a weld shop. I like taking care of my tools and boots are that. So I made some animal based boot polish and I wanna show off a bit. Left one is before, right is after.
I should add the left BOOT in BOTH pictures is a before boot

Back