testtest

Brass or nickel

From a reloading aspect: Brass is great all around, Nickel I have issues with. I seem to get very few times
around with Nickel. Sometimes on the third or forth expansion of the case mouth the case splits.
Many times I find split Nickel cases when decapping/resizing which means it split when fired.
Most troublesome in my book are the Starline Nickel cases.
I have little trouble with my reloads feeding as I clean the brass REAL well.

For me, I don’t think either one is better than the other. I don’t reload and the harshest environment I go to is the mall....

I throw all nickel OUT. I ruined a die one time. Called the MFR., they said "did you read your paperwork that came with your die? They then informed me that they don't recommend using nickel in their dies. Only load brass. I reload MANY different calibers. Not fond of nickel

I throw all nickel OUT. I ruined a die one time. Called the MFR., they said "did you read your paperwork that came with your die? They then informed me that they don't recommend using nickel in their dies. Only load brass. I reload MANY different calibers. Not fond of nickel
I do prefer brass, more available and compatible with all equipment.

you can leave nickle in a mag or whatever & it won't tarnish or turn nasty, where over time brass can. especially if it gets exposed to any moisture.

resizing it takes noticeably less effort than brass. I like it for pistol ammo, though I load/shoot a lot more brass than nickle. While it really doesn't matter to me, if the factory ammo I end up choosing for my daily carry is nickle I see it as a plus, but if it's brass that's not a deal breaker either. Reliable and accurate enough are the primary criteria for that, for me.

all the same things hold true for rifle brass, but trimming is a problem so I use only brass for all my rifle ammo.

Back