testtest

Budget AR Build

10mmLife

Staff member
Founding Member
I have a few nice AR's and I'm thinking of building a reliable cheaper beater rifle off of a stripped Anderson lower that I picked up a while back for $45. I am looking at .350 legend or .458 Socom for this build. I do not own either caliber currently.

I've been seeing some relatively cheap parts from Bear Creek and AR Stoner. Does anybody have experience with these companies are they worth the money for a beater rifle?

What have you built on a budget?

What other budget companies or part brands would you recommend?

Side note:
I have experience and the tools for building an AR with this not being my first rodeo.

I have a few nice AR's and I'm thinking of building a reliable cheaper beater rifle off of a stripped Anderson lower that I picked up a while back for $45. I am looking at .350 legend or .458 Socom for this build. I do not own either caliber currently.

I've been seeing some relatively cheap parts from Bear Creek and AR Stoner. Does anybody have experience with these companies are they worth the money for a beater rifle?

What have you built on a budget?

What other budget companies or part brands would you recommend?

Side note:
I have experience and the tools for building an AR with this not being my first rodeo.

Bear Creek: no bueno.

I haven’t personally used them, but know people that have gotten barrels from them with chewed up ramps, obvious chatter in the bore...I wouldn’t risk it.

AR Stoner tends to be OK...I’ve used their LPK’s in a couple of builds.

You could post a WTB ad on Armslist, and see what comes up, too...

Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Do you have one in 10mm?
Not currently but I would like to build one on a nice platform. I have this cheap Anderson stripped lower and wanted to throw together something I don't care too much for but will be fun to shoot.

Back