testtest

Buick 🤮🤮

By some Amazing Cosmic Coincidence, a post by mikep sent me looking for a particular Tom Petty song, which I've enjoyed hundreds of times, but had never seen the video of before. Spoiler Alert: There's a Buick in it, a real Land Yacht/Road Pillow, in a semi-starring role. :oops:

i think that might be a 1970's (ish) Electra Deuce

10272-1200.jpg

My Mom's dream car was always "a baby-blue Buick convertible." I suspect she was thinking of some late-40s or early '50s model.

After a lifetime of Chevies, my parents moved up to a LeSabre in---I think it was around 1974. Their last Impala was a gray '72. (I took my driver's license test in their green '70, and the coolest Chev they ever had IMHO was a Sequoia Green '68.) From there they moved up to a series of Caddies and Lincoln Town Cars. Dad was still driving his Caddy when he died in 2018.

I'm kinda partial to the 1965 Buick Riviera myself.
Me too. IMHO it's nearly the perfect automobile design. The only thing I don't like about it is the whole rear end, which looks like it was designed to meet a 5:00 Friday deadline and only started about 3:45. The '64 and '65 Skylark and even the entry-level Special had a MUCH better looking rear end.

So did the '66 Riviera. Someday I'm going to build a model of The Perfect Riviera. It'll be a '65, except the whole rear end will be from the '66. I have both kits and the skill to pull it off. Not that I've given the whole plan any thought, or anything. ;) :LOL:

Back