testtest

Building Your 24-Hour Get Home Bag

Ordered my 5.11 Rush12™ 2.0 backpack 24l tonight.
Heck yeah! I had a chance to see an in-depth overview just today of features I hadn't even fully been aware of when I wrote this article. Things like the 1 inch of padding in the base of the laptop storage area to pad (whatever) contents may be in that pocket from impact. The EDC pocket on the front face is a nice touch too. I love the amount of design and engineering that goes into their products and the durability of this bag has been absolutely wonderful. Enjoy yours!

Bit of gear I ran across at an army/navy store not too far off. Haven’t had one in years - the Army went over to the Goretex thing about the time they introduced the ACUs to replace BDUs.
M-65 Field Jacket - one of the best designs ever imho.
the store just happened to have some unissued ones, looks like 90s manufacture, and one my size. It’s going in the storage box in rear of my SUV. Good for bugout.

Attachments

• 0AA070AC-327A-494D-BA43-695D4F936526.jpeg
    0AA070AC-327A-494D-BA43-695D4F936526.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 188
Bit of gear I ran across at an army/navy store not too far off. Haven’t had one in years - the Army went over to the Goretex thing about the time they introduced the ACUs to replace BDUs.
M-65 Field Jacket - one of the best designs ever imho.
the store just happened to have some unissued ones, looks like 90s manufacture, and one my size. It’s going in the storage box in rear of my SUV. Good for bugout.
The thing that was make or break for me with the M-65 was the liner. Without the liner, it was an alright light jacket. But button that liner into it, and it made for a lot warmer jacket. Still have a couple of M-65's hanging in the closet, with liners, but as they age in time, they shrink! lol

The thing that was make or break for me with the M-65 was the liner. Without the liner, it was an alright light jacket. But button that liner into it, and it made for a lot warmer jacket. Still have a couple of M-65's hanging in the closet, with liners, but as they age in time, they shrink! lol
I know the prob, bro... think I actually had Med/ Short back in the day; the one i just bought is Large/Short !!! Hangs a bit off the shoulders but i like the room.
oddly I rarely wore the liner. Used it as a pillow. Hot natured I guess.
Army brown sweater (5 button one) was awesome too.

Great article. Thanks Mike!
If used for nothing more than to start brain cells in direction?

Another good simple thing to have is simple paper and pencil.
Ink pens can dry out. Pencils? Sharpen with knife, concrete or rock.
Writing paper? Obvious, but also burns good for fire starter.
Small sheet(s) of corrugated cardboard works good too.
Weighs little and takes up very little space. Is an insolater too.

Key: Always try to think of usable multi purpose in survival mode.
It condenses usable space, cut's weight and waste.
Nothing's light after a few miles.

I know the prob, bro... think I actually had Med/ Short back in the day; the one i just bought is Large/Short !!! Hangs a bit off the shoulders but i like the room.
oddly I rarely wore the liner. Used it as a pillow. Hot natured I guess.
Army brown sweater (5 button one) was awesome too.
"Army brown sweater (5 button one) was awesome too."

Still have one (the acrylic version) stored somewhere around here, although it was referred to as the "submarine sweater". Wore it aboard my last sea-going command, which sure wasn't a sub.

I feel that mobile preps are indeed important. I develop safety plans around a more generic model. I do not construct a plan around a specific type of crisis. I consider what my basic survival needs would be in regards to a 72 hr displacement. If all I need to do is go home, great. I do alter my kit slightly depending on the season. Winter is a little different than summer.

My bag is a 5.11 moab 10 but most of my gear rests in a large dewalt tote in the trunk. I do have the barest of necessities already in the bag. I have a very basic 2 tier system.. backpack and belt/pockets.

Back