testtest

california compliant??

bobkw

Alpha
Hi,
My brother living in Illinois wants to give me an XD Sub-Compact 3 in.
I'm having a hard time trying to determine if the gun is California compliant.
The UPC code is XD9801HCsp06 ser# XD920225.
I know I can't use the 16-round magazine. Is the gun compliant without the magazine?
California DOJ Gun roster shows xd9801 is compliant.
Any help would be appreciated.

I am not educated on CA law, but I live in IL so if your brother wants to get rid of his XD I will consider buying it :)

In all seriousness you should be ok per the below site. in the search type XD9801 and you should see it.

Also, I believe the # of rounds/mag situation has recently been overturned. However the appellate process is not final, and the stay order on mag limits is still in place until finalized. Who knows if that will also then be pushed.

Below for latest info on mags:

So if he does want to get rid of it PM me :)

CA is not Constitution of the United States of America compliant. It's ruled by an oligarchy of totalitarian despots.

The only difference between a CA compliant and normal model is 10 round magazines.
That Is not true. CA requires handguns to pass its arbitrary drop test. In other words, bureaucrats in CA believe they have superior handgun knowledge than the US Military and professional law enforcement agencies.

That Is not true. CA requires handguns to pass its arbitrary drop test. In other words, bureaucrats in CA believe they have superior handgun knowledge than the US Military and professional law enforcement agencies.

Yes, it is true.

The normal model can pass the same drop test.

There is zero physical difference between a CA compliant XD and a regular model.

Back