testtest

Can Customizing Your CCW Get You in Legal Trouble

well, i took a carry permit class a couple of months ago, and the lawyer very familiar with MY state's laws and how the opposing sides thinks/works the judge and or jurors, he pretty much said, (i have to paraphrase this) "DO NOT DO ANYTHING to your gun the factory did not install on it".....(or words to that effect).

so my Hellcat, and G30 are bone stock.

i'll keep any carry gun now and in my future, as such.

my home defense gun(s)...???

can't say. as this article only addresses a CCW weapon.

Here we go again. Lights, lasers, sight improvement, grips are a non issue. Start engraving stupid stuff like "make my day" or "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" on your gun makes you look like an AH looking for an excuse to shoot someone. But still probably won't tip the balance on whether you were justified. Use of force cases will be determined by a reasonable person standard-would a reasonable person believe the force was reasonable and necessary under the circumstances present.

Start screwing around with things like trigger weights and safety devices and you are looking for trouble in more ways than one. Why make problems for yourself?

In 2016 an Arizona officer was charged with homicide after shooting an unarmed man. He had a profane inscription on the dust cover of his AR which was used against him at trial but he was ultimately acquitted. It just gave the prosecutor something to use to show he had a propensity for shooting people. It was a topic of discussion at an instructor course I was attending at the time.

Back