testtest

Can you hit a hog?

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Not as easy as you think.
I watch folks miss all the time on hunts.. they forget about the lead, and the fact they shoot training at a stationary target.. most folks don’t understand time it takes to react and pull the trigger ..

https://jagerpro.com/shooting-moving-targets/

IMG_3134.jpeg

pigs don't duck-n-dive near as much as yotes. pigs run straight thru everything and anything including fence! yotes dodge around sagebrush and you have to time it even from a helo. i only speak of what i've witnessed in my area. i have no idea on how much, only go by optic info as all of my previous optics had standard crosshairs (no drops for elevation or wind/lead corrections) and some were only iron sites.

Back in the olden days going boar hunting was an “up close and personal” kind of thing. Seeing a PO’s razorback with big ‘ol tusks headed your way like a freight train at 25 yards will get the adrenaline flowing. Makes that old Marlin 95 in 45/70 your Best Friend😊. Say what you will about .223’s and night vision, at short range with serious critters nothing brings comfort like a 405 grain pill🙄

Back in the olden days going boar hunting was an “up close and personal” kind of thing. Seeing a PO’s razorback with big ‘ol tusks headed your way like a freight train at 25 yards will get the adrenaline flowing. Makes that old Marlin 95 in 45/70 your Best Friend😊. Say what you will about .223’s and night vision, at short range with serious critters nothing brings comfort like a 405 grain pill🙄
We use .308 and .300 BO for the guided hunts.
I use a .270 if watching a big pasture or the .308 AR if I’m expecting a sounder

Back