testtest

Can You Use Wadcutter Ammunition for Personal Defense

I fully admit that JHP bullets are hands-down the best defensive ammo choice. That being said, I wish law enforcement agencies would publish what types of rounds were used in criminal assaults and homicides. Gang related shootings are the most common criminal uses of firearms, unless you're in a jurisdiction that still considers suicide to be a crime (yes, that was a thing for years).

In my career as a Patrol Officer and Supervisor, I was directly involved in hundreds of gang-related arrests. Virtually all of the criminals we found with loaded weapons were using the cheapest FMJ ammo available, unless a gun was still loaded with the original rounds that were in it when it was stolen. If gangbangers are able to kill so many people with various types of FMJ ammo, it obviously must be capable. Wadcutters may not be the best, but I'm sure they can get the job done.

I fully admit that JHP bullets are hands-down the best defensive ammo choice. That being said, I wish law enforcement agencies would publish what types of rounds were used in criminal assaults and homicides. Gang related shootings are the most common criminal uses of firearms, unless you're in a jurisdiction that still considers suicide to be a crime (yes, that was a thing for years).

In my career as a Patrol Officer and Supervisor, I was directly involved in hundreds of gang-related arrests. Virtually all of the criminals we found with loaded weapons were using the cheapest FMJ ammo available, unless a gun was still loaded with the original rounds that were in it when it was stolen. If gangbangers are able to kill so many people with various types of FMJ ammo, it obviously must be capable. Wadcutters may not be the best, but I'm sure they can get the job done.
I grew up in the inner city and I've seen a lot of questionable things growing up and what I learned is criminals and gang bangers use whatever is available to them on the streets which like you stated is mostly FMJ.

It's not ammo preference to them, it's availability that drives what they use including firearm types.

Back