testtest

CCW for threats with more than two legs?

Your dog is much better behaved than ours. Our dog would have immediately gone into attack mode :). Probably both of us would have then been attacked by the buck.

We live in a small town, but there are a lot of pit bulls in our neighborhood, and folks tend to let them run loose even though there is a city ordinance against that. We have also seen a fox trotting down our street. No coyotes yet. I carry on walks but if there was a big pack, I would have to count on one or two shots scaring the pack away. I think that would work okay, but hopefully won't have to find out.
What is the problem with a Pit Bull?

We live in a semi-rural location, and at night sometimes the coyotes can be heard howling/yapping off in the distance. It's crossed my mind at times to carry the pistol when taking the dogs (Sheltie and a Shitzu) out at night. A decent-sized backyard is fenced-in, however, I've wondered if a coyote could leap over a 52" fence. The Sheltie roams the yard by himself, but I'm always outside with the Shitzu.
[/In answer to your question,yes a 52" fence is no problem.As we have seen in our yard.Coyote,mountain lion,bob cat,mule deer.And the ever present dirt bag human.In our area we have had coyotes jump a fence & take dogs that were on a leash standing next to their owner. No Bull !

What is the problem with a Pit Bull?
Back in November, I was minding my own business walking my dog in our neighborhood. A resident around the corner from us had his Pit Bull in his front yard, not on a leash. I saw his dog when we got about perpendicular to where the dog was and kept walking briskly trying to put more distance between the Pit Bull and my dog and me. The Pit Bull ran out and attacked my dog with absolutely no provocation. Even with his owner on the ground on top of the dog and the owner's sister also trying to get the Pit Bull off my dog, the Pit Bull would not turn loose. That is the problem with Pit Bulls.

Back in November, I was minding my own business walking my dog in our neighborhood. A resident around the corner from us had his Pit Bull in his front yard, not on a leash. I saw his dog when we got about perpendicular to where the dog was and kept walking briskly trying to put more distance between the Pit Bull and my dog and me. The Pit Bull ran out and attacked my dog with absolutely no provocation. Even with his owner on the ground on top of the dog and the owner's sister also trying to get the Pit Bull off my dog, the Pit Bull would not turn loose. That is the problem with Pit Bulls.
Not the pit bull, it's the owner. That could have happened with any breed but go on and continue to show your incompetence.

Back