testtest

CenterPoint Rifle Scopes

BobM

Hellcat
Hadn't heard of CenterPoint Scopes in a while and thought they were just for BB and pellet Guns? Come to find out there may be more than meets the average eye as well? CenterPoint scopes are made for Crosman Corporation, the long time maker of very good quality airguns. Happens they have expanded more into rifle scopes as well. Into traditional target and hunting scopes along with scopes for air rifles. Even ones for crossbows, shotguns and muzzleloaders too. Surprised me a bit! While not top or upper quality scopes they sound to be and tend to offer good quality scopes with good features at a more budget friendly price somewhere under $200. Maybe good beginner scopes for some people, possibly more affordable lower cost scopes for occaisional plinker rifles too?

Here's an article that gives a good general idea and representation of what they offer scopewise, plus a secondary article that goes into more detail on their CenterPoint First Focal Plane rifle scope:

I would never use a Centerpoint scope on a center fire cartridge rifle, but I could see putting one on a rimfire plinker.

What I really should say is that I wouldn't do it again.

Several years ago, I bought a nice .308 precision rifle, and decided to throw a cheap Centerpoint scope onto it to just get a feel for the rifle while breaking it in. It made st because I had not decided on the glass I wanted to put onto it, and the cheap scope could then be moved to a .22 rifle I owned.

I can tell you that the Centerpoint scope made it to nearly 40 rounds before it gave up the ghost and wouldn't hold zero... Good thing WalMart has a liberal return policy.

I would never use a Centerpoint scope on a center fire cartridge rifle, but I could see putting one on a rimfire plinker.

What I really should say is that I wouldn't do it again.

Several years ago, I bought a nice .308 precision rifle, and decided to throw a cheap Centerpoint scope onto it to just get a feel for the rifle while breaking it in. It made st because I had not decided on the glass I wanted to put onto it, and the cheap scope could then be moved to a .22 rifle I owned.

I can tell you that the Centerpoint scope made it to nearly 40 rounds before it gave up the ghost and wouldn't hold zero... Good thing WalMart has a liberal return policy.
I do appreciate your experience and thoughts too. Have read numerous very good, almost raving reviews, some middle of road of a so-so scope and some very poor review posts on Center Point scopes. - Likely get that almost anywhere with many products. Am thinking some people here may be into just plinking around with BB and pellet guns and may want to try out scopes that don't cost more than the firearm itself too? Some into that have used Center Point scopes with very good results. From experience, too many people base quality on pricetags.

Almost regardless of thoughts either way, may be a good deal for some people or something to just stay away from? Usually, is a good thing to know the good as well as the bad info to me. May pick one up just to play with and test for myself?

Picking poison? Where from may be another story? Center Point scopes are supposedly not just cheap Walmart scopes like some people tend to believe from what have seen. They are sold elsewhere too. Thinking saw some listed at Optics Planet, Amazon as well as a few other places. But, do understand the cheap quality walmart philosophy too. From experience, it can go either way. Have had many so called or thought of high end products do a whiz bang and croak too. Both high end dollar, in between budget or low end dollar imported products can go both ways and too often do from what have seen too frequently.

Other thoughts, on too many products including rifle scopes, warranted lifetime, limited lifetime warranty or whatever, warranties sometimes aren't worth paper written on because of qualifying factors hidden inside packaging or with puny print prior to purchase? Especially with electronic products or ones including electronic portions, including some scopes. Disclaimers can be enlightening sometimes? Why mentioning? Overall involved costs? If can get away from spending extra because of what, a lame warranty?

Sometimes, basically higher pricetag/cost of whatever is solely based on factory or seller replacement cost that customer usually and unknowingly pays up front for and included in original price for a sometimes almost worthless warranty and sometimes product. Product costs $50, enforcing warranty $20 plus $10 shipping and handing both ways? Almost wipes out initial costs sometimes? Much of almost any warrantied products price also includes pricing of any or potential issues. - Is also why some products cost more than others. In too many times, the warranty is nothing more than a sales gimmick to refund of purchase price leaving a person to spend their time, money and efforts in finding a replacement product while company had your money and invested it and not compensating you for it.
Final thoughts? Why spend more than need be to achieve wished for final end result?

I have read the articles that you have left here, and I will say that there are a lot of exciting things to read, and I am amazed at how many exciting and new things I learn online. Thank you for sharing the link.

Back