testtest

Closing the hunting circle

Sld1959

Hellcat
This year will be the start of a new Era, and in a way the closure of the hunting circle.

For the past 50 years it was always dad, the old guy, watching over and teaching Don and I, the young guys. Well 5 years ago Don passed away, and last December dad passed away, so it was just me. Until my nephews decided they wanted to start rifle hunting.

So this year it will be me, the old guy, watching and teaching Ryan and Tyler, the young guys. I will be closing the circle as Das probably hoped.

Maybe eventually they will start archery and muzzle loading hunting, but until then those seasons I am the last amigo standing and hunting alone.

Last edited:
My grandparents, uncle's and dad were not avid hunters, except for foul. Coyotes, prairie dogs and later (early '80) pigs. Shot several from a helo, but never tried shooting a prairie dog from it. Getting my pain under enough control to have a good range day with the kids has the lacking. They are eager along with the wife for family fun days. Having OCPD when it comes to firearm safety is a good thing? Not saying I do, but never to safe! Teaching fundimentals is rewarding. For those who do hunt it's a good lesson for the next generation! Hope all is good for you and your family!

This year will be the start of a new Era, and in a way the closure of the hunting circle.

For the past 50 years it was always dad, the old guy, watching over and teaching Don and I, the young guys. Well 5 years ago Don passed away, and last December dad passed away, so it was just me. Until my nephews decided they wanted to start rifle hunting.

So this year it will be me, the old guy, watching and teaching Ryan and Tyler, the young guys. I will be closing the circle as Das probably hoped.

Maybe eventually they will start archery and muzzle loading hunting, but until then those seasons I am the last amigo standing and hunting alone.

Yup, times sure do change things around in every direction imaginable sometimes.
Stay safe and enjoy yourselves! Best of luck to you all, sounds like good times may be ahead.

You'll derive more pleasure from making these memories than you ever thought possible. There's a very old song titled "Will the Circle be Unbroken" and although not particularly about helping the younger ones in their hunting ventures, still carries the same meaning. Let's all hope that 'circle' is never 'broken'. (y)(y)(y)

Back