testtest

CNN Business - The fight against gun control has some surprising new allies

While I am surprised CNN ran this story, it's no surprise that they let this statement stand without actually fact checking it.

"Anti-gun violence groups such as Everytown say added gun control measures save lives, citing a 2019 Rockefeller Institute of Government study that found homicide rates were 10% lower in states that require background checks for all handgun sales than in states that don't.
"If more guns made people safer, this would be the safest country on Earth, but that is not our reality," Becky George, Everytown's senior adviser of external engagement and programs, told CNN via email. "What we know would make this country safer is ensuring that gun sales go through a background check — and that starts with common-sense federal background check legislation."

Maybe they should check recent stats on shootings, rapes and violent car-jackings in places like Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle and New York. All places who have chosen to defund the police while almost all of them have the strictest gun laws in the US. ( Minnesota gun laws aren't horrible, but their recent defund the police actions have made shootings increase by 101% and violent car-jackings increase by over 500% )

While I am surprised CNN ran this story, it's no surprise that they let this statement stand without actually fact checking it.

"Anti-gun violence groups such as Everytown say added gun control measures save lives, citing a 2019 Rockefeller Institute of Government study that found homicide rates were 10% lower in states that require background checks for all handgun sales than in states that don't.
"If more guns made people safer, this would be the safest country on Earth, but that is not our reality," Becky George, Everytown's senior adviser of external engagement and programs, told CNN via email. "What we know would make this country safer is ensuring that gun sales go through a background check — and that starts with common-sense federal background check legislation."

Maybe they should check recent stats on shootings, rapes and violent car-jackings in places like Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle and New York. All places who have chosen to defund the police while almost all of them have the strictest gun laws in the US. ( Minnesota gun laws aren't horrible, but their recent defund the police actions have made shootings increase by 101% and violent car-jackings increase by over 500% )

"While I am surprised CNN ran this story, it's no surprise that they let this statement stand without actually fact checking it."

So was I. Possibly CNN's ratings are falling or they're trying to increase viewers? On credible facts read? Is much of what you've said and more.

Yeah, Minneapolis has some problems right now. I always have my VP40 on my hip when I go up there. That wasn't the case last year at this time.

In the past year, the gun control mask has fallen off. The Autonomous zones, which are essential no go zones, showed us, they don't actually care about gun crime, or gun violence. No attention paid at all to the 30 or so gun deaths from those no go zones.

Instead all the gun control rhetoric was focused on the McKloskeys, and Kyle Rittenhouse. They're not pro gun control. They're pro gun control for self defense, against their extremists.

To be fair, the McCloskeys were pretty egregious, what with brandishing weapons at people walking by on the street and not threatening harm, and Rittenhouse is going to prison based on Wisconsin's limitations on self-defense defenses at trial. We should find better examples. Like any person who defended their life or business with a weapon.

To be fair, the McCloskeys were pretty egregious, what with brandishing weapons at people walking by on the street and not threatening harm, and Rittenhouse is going to prison based on Wisconsin's limitations on self-defense defenses at trial. We should find better examples. Like any person who defended their life or business with a weapon.

Being from St. Louis, I will agree with you that McCloskys are dumbasses. He is running for Roy Blunt's seat by the way. Nevertheless his actions while egregious in someplace like Illinois were perfectly legal in Missouri. Large crowd of angry people yelling at you is going to be hard to disprove they were in fear for their lives. And they were on their own property. Even the very liberal Wash U law professor agrees that Missouri Castle and stand your ground laws pretty clearly are in their favor. The only reason they are in any trouble at all is because of Kimberly Gardner, who is at this moment in jeopardy of losing her law license ( at a minimum ) over several unethical and illegal actions she took in her successful attempt to unseat Missouri's then governor Eric Greitens ( also running for Roy Blunt's seat ). In fact Kimberly Gardner's office was recused from the McClosky case by a federal judge because she used the incident in ads while she was campaigning for re-election.

First hand witness account seems like to support the argument Rittenhouse shot in self defense.

Either way, you completely missed my point. The MSM ignored the gun deaths in the no go zones. They ignored a warlord handing out firearms without background checks. But they they made the McKloskeys and Rittenhouse infamous.

Back