testtest

Colt and Smith & Wesson: A Story of Two Classic Magnums

History repeats itself?
Imagine, it may have been same as during Prohibition when bootleggers showed up with their Thompson's?
Before speedloaders we were issued 18 rounds, 6 in the gun and 2, 6 round dump pouches. Speedloaders came into common use after the Newhall Incident. Nowadays when I hear people talk about magazine capacity and how single stacks are bad, I just shake my head. Like Jeff Cooper said, how often do you intend to miss? And I guarantee a hit with a magnum revolver (or a ,45) will be noticed.

Before speedloaders we were issued 18 rounds, 6 in the gun and 2, 6 round dump pouches. Speedloaders came into common use after the Newhall Incident. Nowadays when I hear people talk about magazine capacity and how single stacks are bad, I just shake my head. Like Jeff Cooper said, how often do you intend to miss? And I guarantee a hit with a magnum revolver (or a ,45) will be noticed.
My dad used to ask me that question when I started carrying a double-stack .45acp. "How many times are you planning to miss what you're shooting at?" Before that, I carried a 4" .357 for several years as my EDC. Sorry, it was a Taurus...lol

I was fortunate to grow up in an era where Smith&Wesson and Colt revolvers were the best.
All of my revolvers were S&W,my only regret is that I sold my model 19.
I still have a model 36 and a model 27 that I bought new in the 70's and it would take many Benjamin's to get them away from me.

Love them both. Own them both.
A5C8BD4F-7F48-42CF-BCF9-578137AD7053.jpeg

I carried both Colt and S&W magnums for duty back in the day, and never felt under gunned. Until the druggies showed up with their Uzi's.

Israelis make some cool stuff. I got an email just today from somewhere, either Natchez, PSA, Primary Arms or someone, and they had Uzis for a decent price. I think around $1200 with two or three 25 round magazines.

Back