testtest

Commentary: Why Do We Hate the NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you interested, here is an interesting article from a current NRA Board Member:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/whats-really-going-on-inside-nra-operations/#axzz6CzyzAGxH
Thanks for the link somorris. When I watched the Savethe2a podcast, all three members mentioned how difficult it was to get information from the board at member meeting etc. They proclaimed that several on the board and up for currently election, did the bidding of Wayne LaPierre. I, for one, thinks it's time for him to step down and that there isn't any current real transparency coming from the BoD. BTW, I just mailed my ballot selections, after deciding with help from the Savethe2a podcast group's recommendations, so again, thanks for pointing me there.

Lol, told you it would be in your magazine sir, not sure on voting for president, chairman and such, I think it’s the board members you vote for do the actual voting for those positions, but, I could be wrong.
Yes Annihilator you did (thanks for that). But the strange thing is that as a life time member for over 2 years, this is the first one I noticed getting. Could I have missed it previously, Yes I suppose I could have, or perhaps this is the first election they've had since I became a life time member? I was a annual member for about 4 years (not I think the 5 consecutive year voting requirement) before that, so I understand why I didn't see one then. But again, thanks for pointing out where to find the voting ballot.

Your welcome sir, I just keep renewing for the 5 year interval, was going lifetime, but with all the conflict going on, I decided to wait and see if upper management changes......lol......WLP......😬

For those of you interested, here is an interesting article from a current NRA Board Member:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/whats-really-going-on-inside-nra-operations/#axzz6CzyzAGxH

That guy's a shill, just like the vast majority of BOD members, shoveling BS on gun owners and NRA membership in particular. If you listen to BOD Colonel Allen West, whose integrity is beyond reproach, he paints a far different picture. Moreover, since that piece in Ammoland has been written, there have been no less than 6 BOD's who have resigned in disgust over what's going on in NRA HQ, and several other BOD's who have been stripped of all committee assignments for speaking out in favor of accountability & transparency to NRA members. In essence, they've been made to sit in the corner with a dunce hat on.

The more people look at what's REALLY going on, the more they're leaving the NRA in droves. My guesstimate is that nearly a million NRA members have quit NRA and switched to GOA in the past 12 months. Of course NRA HQ will be the last to admit their income is drying up faster than standing water on pavement in 110 degree heat!

Ok, for those of you wondering what's going on RIGHT NOW with the NRA dumpster fire, I suggest you read Don McDougall's article HERE: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/has-one-employee-made-the-nra-irrelevant/

Note: Don McDougall was once a Wayne fan. But two things changed him. 1) Ammoland regular readers/commenters put him on blast for shilling for such a corrupt man, then 2) Don saw firsthand the chicanery and dirty dealing at the Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, and how Wayne engineered Ollie North's ouster even though Ollie had WLP dead-to-rights for all the corruption and graft he was committing. And THAT my friends, is the true extent of WLP's power and the level of insulation from accountability that he's engineered with the help of the dozens of Board members he's surrounded himself with over the last 25 years!

1581100355435.jpeg

IMO, the problem with the NRA is those in charge. Not the organization. The NRA has set some great safety and training standards used at most ranges. With 100 million gun owners and only about 5 million members, those other 95 million gun owners seem to believe the NRA must do as they want, protect their rights how they want them protected. Why? The NRA represents the members. I support the NRA to the point that I'm a certified affiliate. I take $5 from each new membership I sell and either donate right back to the NRA or with a large number of sales I will purchase and gift vets or disabled people unable to afford a year membership. Just to make it a bit over the top, I do this in the name of David Hogg, Shannon Watts, and the Coalition to stop gun violence.

IMO, the problem with the NRA is those in charge. Not the organization. The NRA has set some great safety and training standards used at most ranges. With 100 million gun owners and only about 5 million members, those other 95 million gun owners seem to believe the NRA must do as they want, protect their rights how they want them protected. Why? The NRA represents the members. I support the NRA to the point that I'm a certified affiliate. I take $5 from each new membership I sell and either donate right back to the NRA or with a large number of sales I will purchase and gift vets or disabled people unable to afford a year membership. Just to make it a bit over the top, I do this in the name of David Hogg, Shannon Watts, and the Coalition to stop gun violence.

Fair statement, it IS the leadership, but as I've said in the comments section on certain Ammoland articles, the membership bears some (not all) responsibility by not holding the BOD accountable. The BOD bears a greater deal of responsibility than the members, however as they have a legally binding responsibility to take care of the fiduciary well-being and other legal duties of the association with respect to nonprofit law and the bylaws of the organization. They have been as asleep at the wheel as the members. While members put trust in the BOD to pay attention to detail, members cannot expect the strength of 2A to be served by being absentee stakeholders!! Moreover, the BOD should ALL be removed (save for a literal handful, 6-15 BODs) for their willful ignorance of WLP's malfeasance and their incompetence in allowing WLP to hire an antigun lawyer who donates to antigun groups & Dem politicians. Many of the BOD members are so compromised it's hard to tell where their conflicts of interest end and WLP's corruption begins.

At present, the estimate of total lawful gun owners in the USA is 120 million. Now, one must ask themselves, with 2A rights in the balance why don't more people join?? It may have something to do with NRA's historic and documented (even celebrated) record in promoting ALL of the major federal gun control bills we've seen since 1934. I believe that for non-fudd gunowners, that explains why the VAST majority of gun owners WON'T send a dime to NRA. Jus' sayin. And the NRA does NOT represent ANY gun owner, at least NOT THE WAY THEY OUGHT TO, WHICH IS NO COMPROMISE.

If you are willing to accept being sold down the river on gun control, if you're willing to accept various & sundry infringements for whatever reason, if you're OK with guys like WLP and Josh Powell badgering a politician (but ESPECIALLY THE POTUS) into accepting NRA-approved gun control like bumpstock bans, etc., then sorry I hurt your feelings - BUT IN THAT CASE, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM.

I get that people who are heavily invested in the NRA feel compelled to defend the organization, but let's face it, rank and file members have ZERO control or ability to directly influence what happens at HQ, especially when HQ has gone rogue... But let's also remember that NRA's history of embracing and even promoting gun control goes back almost 100 years!! So either people are on the side of NRA-branded gun control, or they're being willfully ignorant even when forced to confront the FACTS. Facts dont care about feelings, either.

Before ANYONE steps up to further defend the NRA, WATCH THIS AND BURN IT INTO YOUR BRAIN.
This is an honest critique of the NRA by the constitutionalist Tenth Amendment Center:

Boy, not a gleaming dissertation of NRA in this thread.
I am an annual member,paid up till 2035. It seems the NRA has lost its way and has some soul searching to be done, but I am a proud member. Perhaps my perception of what NRA is, exceeds the reality. I hope this all gets straightened out and they get aligned back on the right side of the 2A.
Make NRA great again
Trump is doing it with America, so can the NRA
With that being said, what is the group "GOA" others have referred to. I would be interested to learn more

I will do more information gathering on GOA for possibly joining. Brief knowledge is they are far less political and appear to be far more policy.

I would have to agree that the members need to take responsibility. We need to vote in the elections. IMO only, the NRA is a lot of old Fudds only interested in maintaining their hunting rights. Lots of new members as of late, If memory serves, membership is around 6 million now. I'm a life member and try to vote and make the NRAAM when possible. I was there last May.

One thing to keep in mind that a lot of people forget, it's not the NRA that's the real problem, it's the NRA-ILA. Because the NRA is non-profit, it can't make political donations. That's what the NRA-ILA does. No funds flow between the two. The issue is shared leadership.

The NRA needs to stop being Fudds and defend 2A fully, no more compromise. My biggest issue is people complaining about the NRA not doing enough, and they're not nor ever have been members. As I said earlier, the NRA only has about 5% of all legal firearms owners as members. IMO, ya, I say that a lot. Complaining about the NRA is far less effective than becoming a new voting member, or voting period. How many people here are members and simply toss the mail without even looking?

NRA has lost its way and has some soul searching to be done,
All the more reason to get involved and vote.

In closing, I want to make it clear, I'm totally against their selling out to gun control like bumpstock ban and others. But I'm 100% in support of their training and safety standards. Thousands of lives have been affected in positive ways with programs like Eddie Eagle. Certified RSO and instructors ensure new shooters are safe. This alone is what I support.

I am an annual member,paid up till 2035. It seems the NRA has lost its way and has some soul searching to be done, but I am a proud member. Perhaps my perception of what NRA is, exceeds the reality. I hope this all gets straightened out and they get aligned back on the right side of the 2A.
Make NRA great again
With that being said, what is the group "GOA" others have referred to. I would be interested to learn more
Here is a link to GOA

Make NRA great again
GOA= "Gun Owners of America". It's another organization that's made up of gun owners and those that support their 2A rights. I just joined annually and will pursue joining my Pennsylvania State Gun rights organization after I find out if one exists. I'm and recent NRA Life member and have come to believe some of what Minuteman1969 states. But my take is "the more the merrier", when it comes to Gun Rights organization. There does seem to be problems with NRA leadership and maybe the BoD (Board of Directors), in general (at least a majority). Some of the board is up for election, I finally received by ballot in the "American Rifleman" magazine and voted using recommendations made from the Savethe2A organization that Poster somorris recommended. I watch the entire 2.5 hour podcast they did, going over each nominee and whether they believed the person nominated would be one that embraced and voiced reform. The approved list was boiled down to about 7 of the 39 nominees which I used as my votes and mailing in the ballot. I'm hoping the NRA can be reformed and with other organizations out there (and hopefully more will form), we 2A supporters can make ourselves heard and have an impact on these "Tyrants" that are slowly chipping away at our 2A God given right.

One note about how Gun Owners of America (GOA) came to be: The NRA had lost its way many decades ago. There was an attempted reform effort in the early/mid 70's that was resisted/defeated by the then-insiders at NRA. This is what led 2A activists, led by the late Senator H.L. Richardson, to form GOA in 1975. They formed GOA to do what NRA refused to do; provide a no-compromise political lobbying and grassroots activism antidote to the NRA's capitulation & compromise to gun control. I consider GOA to be "the shaft of the spear".

The other group I belong to is Firearms Policy Coalition [FPC]. I consider this group to be "the tip of the spear"! Their focus is on lawsuits and fighting to prevent bad legislation passing, as well as get good legislation passed. While my heart belongs to GOA :love:, my mind is with FPC. I see what they're doing with so little and so few, and their 'footprint' is outsized. Their results are far out of proportion to their size.

Lincoln was pressured to fire General Grant, for his ungentlemanly behavior, his hard drinking, and his uncouth language. Lincoln refused, saying; "But this man, he FIGHTS for us!!" Lincoln found him indispensable because where others played at waging war, Grant went balls out & waged TOTAL war! So it is with these two groups. Unlike NRA, they FIGHT!

FPC-GOA-NRA lawsuits vs donations.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back