testtest

Compact Echelon?

I have a question for the group. Does anyone in this community know if Springfield has plans on developing a compact version of the Springfield Echelon? What I want is an Echelon but in a compact, 15-round model, which IMO would be ideal for Concealed carry. In other words, a direct competitor to the Glock 19. Anyone heard anything from Springfield on this matter? Or heard any rumors?

So, Hellcat Pro (or whatever the large Hellcat version is).

It’s basically the same thing as an Echelon compact.
Basically you are correct. I do however think we might see something like this poster is wanting too. With the modular internals I think we might see Springfield try to match Sigs popularity with mix and match modularity. Buy a full size Echelon, pick up a few different frames, compact and subcompact, buy a new slide and barrel and you can play tinker toys guns.

So, Hellcat Pro (or whatever the large Hellcat version is).

It’s basically the same thing as an Echelon compact.

Respectfully For the spec nerds not really if you look at the magazine width the Hellcat should be a smaller diameter. For some the added dimension no matter how minuscule makes a difference.

And different specs are well different specs

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere…

Wouldn’t that just be a Hellcat?
In principle sure, the Hellcat Pro is Springfield's de facto competitor to the Glock 19. But there's a reason it is so 'snappy' according to many Youtube reviews I've watched. The handle is so thin, that it is difficult to control when firing, particularly if you have large hands. One hand wraps the entire handle to the degree that the other hand cannot find any realestate on the handle to allow for extra control. With a larger girth of the handle, such as that found on the G19, there is enough area to allow for extra stabilization from two hands contacting the handle. This is why I think a compact version of the Echelon would be an even better competitor to the Glock 19 than the Hellcat Pro, especially for larger shooters.

I personaly have no use of a firearm with a removable chasie except for giving the gun a good cleaning. For me if I wanted a smaller or larger pistol. I would rather have a whole gun and not a bunch of parts to mix and match. Like I said it's my personal taste.

Back