testtest

CONFLICT AVOIDANCE DURING CIVIL UNREST

Quote the posts you are referring to. Because nothing you said justifies you calling people cowards. Furthermore, I’m the one who pointed out that like this board, my employer not allowing me to carry on their property does not infringe on my rights. I could go back and find and quote the erroneous information you posted which prompted me to conclude you are clearly confusing private property rights with constitutional rights.

As for ignoring you, that’s a given. I’m guessing most people here will be ignoring you. Not because your opinion is different but because you don’t seem to be capable of expressing a dissenting opinion without being combative and insulting.
I challenge you to find a post where I called you or anyone on this forum a coward or insulted anyone. Because I responded in contrast to your opinion, you define that as calling you a coward??? That's wholly inaccurate and little sensitive don't you think. C'mon man.

Okay, let's calm down and get back on topic. I personally don't care to see forum members bickering. Let's all enjoy this space that was created for us.

Recommendation, try to offer differing points of view rather than trying to win an argument.

Avoidance and de-escalation? We can sit back and do that but that comes with a high price tag. That price tag is the loss of our 1st and 2nd amendment rights. Everyone damn well knows what happened at the ballot box this election. Everybody knows how ANTIFA and BLM are played up as peace-loving non-violent protestors. As Biden said when asked if he intended to confiscate every "assault weapon", the answer was; "Bingo!"

My ancestors came to this country in the 1880's. What I know about the American Revolution is what I read in History books. Imagine starting a revolution over taxation without representation. Oh yeah, there was more, but not a whole lot more. And here we sit, our gun rights being threatened, our free speech squashed, we 've been "cancelled", demonized and called every name in the book; "supremacists, racists, privileged, etc." Our kids don't get educated, rather indoctrinated. The media lies and hates us. Our votes don't count because they'll always have more. I could go on and on. So, here we sit, scared our freedom loving bumper stickers are going to make us victims. I'm sorry but we became victims a long time ago. We're just now realizing it.

Whatever might be legal, the best thing you can do is get the f*ck out of there. If it's some government crackdown trying to turn us into some China-like totalitarian state then by all means get after it but in any other situation the best and smartest thing a person can do is get a long way away. Screw pride and whatever else, just don't be there. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six and all that, but better still to be home with your family watching others be arrested than draw a weapon and get caught up in it. A crippling injury or 10-20 in the can is one heck of a price tag. As someone who's been in peaceful protests and in riots, most notably by First Avenue during the RNC in Minneapolis/St. Paul after the Rage Against the Machine concert in 2008...holy crap just stay away. The official arrests were for "unlawful assembly" and they say it was just protests but there was a lot of tear gas popped off and a lot of heads cracked with police batons. It's a whole different world when it kicks off and things get real. Just get away.

Back