testtest

Conflict Avoidance

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Avoiding conflict should be everyone’s preference … but if you carry a gun, it also becomes your responsibility when it comes to taking action with a defensive firearm. A myriad of laws and beliefs on this topic exist around the U.S. Most of them revolve around people asking what they “can” do in regard to the letter of the law

1714365488505.png

I will—and have!—bent over backwards to avoid conflict; if I ever have to use lethal force in defense, I want to be able to look in a mirror afterwards and said I did everything I could to avoid it.

Being polite, ratcheting it down a notch or two…even an apology (even when you don’t feel you’re in the wrong) can go a long, long ways in keeping a situation from going egg-shaped.

It’s worked for me.

Hi,

Never will there be an occasion when avoidance is my final thought.

That actually makes perfect sense, a very concise way to phrase it. Let me see if you're thinking along the same lines as I am.

Practice avoidance until you no longer can. If the imminent threat is unavoidable, then go beast mode. If avoidance is your last thought, then that may be your last thought on this earth. What's the saying? "I don't get to decide when to use lethal force to defend myself. Someone else will make that decision and won't let me know until the last minute."

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back