testtest

dang blasted crap

Old_Me

Ronin
i had an errand to do, wife was with me. we came home, and as i was walking to my 'puter room, i see the smoke detector flashing red.

now since we were out, i cannot say there was any sounds coming from it.

the troubleshooting guide suggests when this happens, the detector is out of it life..??

i mean like WTF, i spent like $7,000 to have the house hard wired for this crap due to "code"....and also i am going to get hit with a "service charge" of like $70..?????

man was i ripping when i was talking to the electrical contractor.

i am "supposed" to get 10 years outta these POS detectors......a good make too, BRK

ain't life grand, when this crap pops up.

electrician is coming over sometime this afternoon, to replace it.

1712764102869.png

yeah, which is why i sicken and tire of home ownership.

electrician came over, he took the unit off the ceiling, and reset it.

then tested.

so far, all is quiet.

or shall i say the flashing red light, is not flashing red anymore.

if this happens again, i have 2 options, go myself and get another one, or call the electrician.

guy told me the detector company has the warranty on them, not the contractor....

but, the contractor is the one that bought them, and installed them.

they can deal with the supplier

i'd have to have a talk with the owner, if this happens again.

BRK is a pretty decent unit. But crap goes wrong with all makes/models. A time spider can cause weird problems with an SD😏. With “most” a quick quarter turn will remove the head from the base. A puff of clean air from a can (computer cleaning air) will often clear the problem. Worth trying a a lot less $$ than calling a tech. Just be careful getting up there to the detector! I to have had too many trips around the sun, and we do NOT need to fall off a chair🙄,

BRK is a pretty decent unit. But crap goes wrong with all makes/models. A time spider can cause weird problems with an SD😏. With “most” a quick quarter turn will remove the head from the base. A puff of clean air from a can (computer cleaning air) will often clear the problem. Worth trying a a lot less $$ than calling a tech. Just be careful getting up there to the detector! I to have had too many trips around the sun, and we do NOT need to fall off a chair🙄,
yes, i vacuum them out 2 times a year, and that'll be done in April and October.

i already told the Mrs, Friday (tomorrow) i will do all 45 of them, and saturday, i will reverse the vacuum to blow out the underneath of the fridges (3 of those) where the cooling coils are..

so yes, it does get done. only 2 times a year.

the detectors instructions say to clean them monthly..

i ain't gonna vacuum 45 detectors each month

45😳. That’s a heck of a lot of detectors in a home ( you did say home, tp. My last full time job I had 32 sites with >9 million so ft combined. We had a Bunch of detectors and I’d have issues with a few every year.
yes, i own a 3 family home, front and rear bottom to top hallways/staircases, and a basement.

it would have been a "few less", but when the contractor took the blueprints to the fire marshal, THAT SOB...?? he so happily added more, .........to my overall bill.

Wow. Usually one in the kitchen, one outside the BR’s and one in furnace room if you have one. Our home is 2 story, 4 BR and I think I’ve only got 5🙄. I feel your pain👍
actually, i was told...NO detectors in the kitchen at all.....at least here, by our fire codes.

could be due to false alarms, or cooking grease in the air, that can clog them up..???

i dunno, but i did have battery operated ones in all my kitchens (3), and yup...many false alarms.

i am taking a break right now, i got the basement, 3rd floor, and second floor cleaned.. part of the front hall and back hall....

still more to do, but i am pooped out..........i might need a nap

actually, i was told...NO detectors in the kitchen at all.....at least here, by our fire codes.
Old-Me you have to understand that the woman of the house needs for her time in the kitchen while engaged in the culinary arts to be relaxing. I found that by relocating the smoke detector to another part of the house made life more "relaxing" for both of us. But when I did relocate the smoke detector I also hung a small fire extinguisher in its place which was a good compromise. It's one of those small things in life that leaves a lasting memory.

Old-Me you have to understand that the woman of the house needs for her time in the kitchen while engaged in the culinary arts to be relaxing. I found that by relocating the smoke detector to another part of the house made life more "relaxing" for both of us. But when I did relocate the smoke detector I also hung a small fire extinguisher in its place which was a good compromise. It's one of those small things in life that leaves a lasting memory.
as long as i get my puddin', and naps, she can do what she wants in the kitchen, even up to having a love affair with the next door gay neighbor....

Back