testtest

Defensive Handguns: Don't Overlook Double-Action Revolvers

Thanks Anni.

I like revolvers, maybe because when I bought my first handgun back in the dinosaur days, there weren't that many .22LR semi-autos around or that I could afford so I bought a revolver. I carried it just about everywhere I went except to school and church. :) Did a lot of enjoyable plinking and didn't worry much about snakes and critters. I have a semi-auto now, but the snubby gets quite a bit more carry time. The Sheriff is a wise man. :)

Double-action revolvers are a great option for exterior pocket carry. They offer a distinct advantage because they can be fired from inside a pocket without a hammer or slide getting caught up on any fabric. My EDC is a semi-auto carried inside the waistband, but I will throw a DAO J-Frame in my jacket pocket when the weather requires multiple layers. I would always prefer to draw my EDC if I had time, but the J-Frame is immediately available for an up-close-and-personal response when that is all the time you have. Even if the J-Frame were my only gun, 5 well-placed shots of .38 Special +P should be enough to handle the vast majority of threats.

Back