testtest

DELTON AR-15's

DiveDog

Alpha
I just purchased a Echo w/MLOK rail .223 5.56 Sierra 316L Optics Ready - MLOK.
Does anyone know anything about these AR's. When I purchased it they gave me a High Capacity Magazine also, I believe it was a 60 round magazine. Tried to Find a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 Red Dot sight, but couldn't find anyone who had them, so I decided to try a TASCO PROPOINT 1x30. This is my first AR. A friend of mine said if I was going to buy one make sure I get the 223/556 version.
The Pistol is the Springfield Hellcat 9mm.
For some reason my Doberman likes to be around them.

Description
Barrel:
Chrome Moly Vanadium
M4 Feed Ramps
16" Length
1x7 Twist
A2 Flash Hider
Manganese Phosphated
Phosphated under Gas Block
DTI Low Profile Gas Block
Threaded Muzzle
Light Weight Profile
Chamber:
5.56 X 45 mm
Bolt And Carrier:
Phosphated 8620 Steel Carrier Assembly
Heat Treated and Plated
Mil-Spec
Chrome Lined Carrier Interior
Carrier Key - chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 Screws
Properly Staked & Sealed Gas Key
Handguards:
15" MLOK Free Float
Upper Receiver:
Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum
Flat Top With M4 Feed Ramps
Hard Coat Anodized
Mil-Spec
Ejection Port Cover and Round Foward Assist
Right Hand Ejection
Lower Receiver:
Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum
Hard Coat Anodized
Mil-Spec
Aluminum Triggerguard
Semi-Auto
Aluminum Mag Catch Button
Buttstock:
M4 5 Position
Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
Weight:
6.2 lbs Empty
Length:
36.375" Fully Extended
32.625 Collapsed

Attachments

• sunkissed ar15.jpg
    sunkissed ar15.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 219
  • sunkissed ar15-2.jpg
    sunkissed ar15-2.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 259
It actually shot really well. Pumped about a 75 rounds that I had with me through it. Smooth shooting and reloading. No jams or misfires. Didn't have hardly any kick to it. Was shooting 5.56 x45 (m193) FMJ BT 55 gr rounds. Attahed a picture of the shoot group with target at 50 - 75 yards. Wasn't to impressed with the red dot sight I'd purchased. It almost looked like a squiggly line for the red dot. Gonna have to upgrade that. All in all it seems like a good investment.

Second Photo is from my Springfield Hellcat 9mm. Put about 50 rounds through it today also. I'm thinking I might have wanted to go to a bigger size 9mm for the grip and handling. I hope someone comes out with a bigger mag for it, I have the 13+1 for it. I haven't fired a pistol since around 1992.

Attachments

• zeroing ar15 in.jpg
    zeroing ar15 in.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 159
  • hellcat 9mm.jpg
    hellcat 9mm.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 182
Thanks for the report and glad to hear you encountered no problems with the AR. Lots of great options out there for it, as I’m sure your aware of. I bought a Bushnell TRS-25 and it’s one of the cheapest “optics” I have but it’s one of the better budget “optics” I have. Depending on your intended use a red dot with magnifier or a 1-6 or 1-8 will get you out to where you need with no problem at all.
The Hellcat, as you know being a carry pistol and not a competition pistol and looking at your target it appears y’all get along just fine for its intended purpose. Good shooting.

Seems to me the Romeo 5 by itself will get you out to 100 yards. That's about all the further I intend to go with my AR so I am leaning that way.

Back