testtest

DIllion square deal B broke

powerboatr

Professional
i was just about finished with running 400 9mm through the machine, i think i was at 389 or so and snap, it made a noise and i cycled handle up and the sizing die in stage one had separated and was clinging to a case, which of course was now cycled into the primer stage.
had to manually move the 2 ahead of it and then place them back in to finish the load sequence on these 2 and then try to figure out what the heck happened
of course the part i need is backordered, looks like i can clean it and put some lock tight in to hold the collar back in...monday i will call them and see if that is a suitable fix,

Attachments

• dillion broke (1).jpg
    dillion broke (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • dillion broke (2).jpg
    dillion broke (2).jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 52
  • dillion broke (3).jpg
    dillion broke (3).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • dillion broke (4).jpg
    dillion broke (4).jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 51
  • dillion broke (5).jpg
    dillion broke (5).jpg
    839.5 KB · Views: 54
  • dillion broke (6).jpg
    dillion broke (6).jpg
    706.8 KB · Views: 48
  • dillion broke (7).jpg
    dillion broke (7).jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 52
i do know the SDB is a great press, but i also know the dies are proprietary, which in later shopping, turned me off to it.

i guess all you can do is back order it....

maybe other replacement dies as well..???? (for just in case..??)

good luck, sorry to hear this.

have you tried the Dillon boards for help.??

Dillon's customer service is unmatched and legendary. If they can't fix it or help you, I wouldn't be surprised if they would ship you a whole new press. At any rate, that's what Mike Dillon would have done. Read his book. ;)

Dillon's customer service is unmatched and legendary. If they can't fix it or help you, I wouldn't be surprised if they would ship you a whole new press. At any rate, that's what Mike Dillon would have done. Read his book. ;)
Reading is for needs, that's why I look at the pictures :unsure:. Dillon will honor warranty, even on trivial parts like the indexer.

100% no BS warranty they 100% mean it. You never know they may be out of the dies for sale, yet could have a small stash for warranty coverage.

100% no BS warranty they 100% mean it. You never know they may be out of the dies for sale, yet could have a small stash for warranty coverage.
I once bought a used .243 varmint rifle from a friend that came with a Harris bipod on it. One of the springs on the bipod was missing. I didn't get around to wanting to shoot that gun for about 10 or maybe 15 years. When I did, I called Harris to ask if that spring were still available, and if so, how much. The answer? "What's your mailing address?" The nice lady didn't give me any hassle, how come I needed it, where I bought it, or anything of the sort. Just "What's your mailing address?" The spring was in my mailbox in two days, no charge, not even shipping. :oops:

I had assumed that service like that was extinct. It's not extinct, it's just very, very, remarkably rare. The impression I got from the Dillon book is that that's the kind of service you can expect from Dillon. ;)

I feel a little sorry for you--your life is not as rich as it could be. ;)

That said, the Dillon book is almost worth the price of admission just for the pictures--if you're an airplane guy. ;)
Stupid auto-incorrect again from my phone:mad:.

edit: NERDS not needs:ROFLMAO::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

I didn't realize that the SDB was proprietary? It's been almost 40 years since I've looked at the B on setup or parts. Bummer it doesn't accept regular dies!

I don't know bout the square deal press, mine was the 550 C, lifetime warranty. If I broke something I called & they sent me a new part free of charge. I will never say anything bad about Dillon.

oh yes they have great warranty, they are just not open on weekends,
i have used them many times before
pretty sure the way the taper die is in the sleeve it can be red locktite back in place and get a new one on order
i have zero doubt they will do nothing but MAKE ME HAPPY always have .
i just want to finish up my 1k bullets ... so off to auto parts place in AM.
i measured the 380 die... the lower part is 1/2 the size , which makes sense , since the 380 shells are shorter
and yes the square deal B uses dillion only dies.
i will say... this is the ONLY thing since 2008 that failed in line of duty, and over 20k loaded on that die.

i broke the powder bar and they replaced it no question, plus a few other dumb moves.

I didn't realize that the SDB was proprietary? It's been almost 40 years since I've looked at the B on setup or parts. Bummer it doesn't accept regular dies!
That's the main reason I didn't buy one when I chose my Lee Progressive 1000. I'm so cheap I didn't want to buy new dies when I already had perfectly good standard thread dies! ;) :LOL:

oh yes they have great warranty, they are just not open on weekends,
i have used them many times before
pretty sure the way the taper die is in the sleeve it can be red locktite back in place and get a new one on order
i have zero doubt they will do nothing but MAKE ME HAPPY always have .
i just want to finish up my 1k bullets ... so off to auto parts place in AM.
i measured the 380 die... the lower part is 1/2 the size , which makes sense , since the 380 shells are shorter
and yes the square deal B uses dillion only dies.
i will say... this is the ONLY thing since 2008 that failed in line of duty, and over 20k loaded on that die.

i broke the powder bar and they replaced it no question, plus a few other dumb moves.
If red Loctite doesn't work, you still have two steps up the ladder that might.

1. Superglue (I prefer the Loctite brand for that, too--ask for it by name), or...

2. J-B Weld.

I don't know bout the square deal press, mine was the 550 C, lifetime warranty. If I broke something I called & they sent me a new part free of charge. I will never say anything bad about Dillon.
I have the B and C models. Not much difference between the 2.

If red Loctite doesn't work, you still have two steps up the ladder that might.

1. Superglue (I prefer the Loctite brand for that, too--ask for it by name), or...

2. J-B Weld.
its a interference fit withing .002 so i am doing exactly as you mentioned, with one exception
red, if it fails, super glue and if that fails, wait on new on
plan to warm up the sleeve and freeze the insert

loctited the sleeve back in so i wait 24 to see if it holds

and will give dillion a ring in am to see about a replacement, which i sense will be productive and postive

dillion asked me to send back the die to be re locktite and crimped,
so i will hold onto it to use as a temp , until my new one arrives
it was funny knowing they hold insert in using exact same procedure i used to fix it .
happy am i

mail lady delivered my replacement part this afternoon from dillion
GREAT
best part was mail lady, looking at me and saying...hmmm a package from dillion... are you going to build up some rounds this evening... :eek: :eek:
i sad yup, you need to get you one. finally a a keeper mail lady. its nice to have one that is smart and likes the pew pew stuff. sort of feel bad for her, monday she was out delivering mail past 9 pm on our street.

mail lady delivered my replacement part this afternoon from dillion
GREAT
best part was mail lady, looking at me and saying...hmmm a package from dillion... are you going to build up some rounds this evening... :eek: :eek:
i sad yup, you need to get you one. finally a a keeper mail lady. its nice to have one that is smart and likes the pew pew stuff. sort of feel bad for her, monday she was out delivering mail past 9 pm on our street.
many times here the same thing, my gal letter carrier has to do a part of another route 1st...THEN hers later. the supervisors have them do it this way, so that they cannot do thier route first, then say they are too tired to do part of someone else's route last.

and in my area, there are a lot of 3 decker (or 3 family houses) which mean tall front porches with lots of stairs to climb, to get the mail slot or mail box...

mine alone has like 15 steps to climb.

this ain't my house, but you get the idea..

and she does her route as well as another one some days....with just as many steps..!!

1700402291765.png

Back