testtest

Domestic violence

So almost an hour ago I called 911 to report a possible domestic violence situation in the apartment above mine and the police have still not shown up. Unbelievable. I’ve had some issues with the guy living above me in the past and for about a half hour before I called I heard him screaming and yelling and swearing at a lady. This guy is 6’6” and about 350 pounds. I’ll be keeping my 40 cal very close tonight.
No quick police response? This country is going to 💩

I don't get to worried about yelling. If he (or she in some cases) starts slamming stuff around, breaking stuff or otherwise being physically agitated, then maybe. I realize things can go from point a to point b fast in these situations, but I think everyone yells now and again. Maybe even a lot, but that does not mean they are violent.
If yelling is a domestic my current and ex would both be in jail every other day. LoL

So almost an hour ago I called 911 to report a possible domestic violence situation in the apartment above mine and the police have still not shown up. Unbelievable.

When my wife and I arrived at church last Sunday, most of the folks there were in a state of agitation (to say the least) because our church had been broken in to and the broken window had just been noticed. Nothing was missing, but the minister's office door had been kicked in. One of the guys called the police. We went ahead with our service which lasted about an hour. My wife and I stayed after church for 15 or 20 minutes visiting with folks. As we started home, we met the police car about a block away. Good thing it wasn't important!

The "defund the police" movement has, I think, demoralized a lot of officers. I understand and don't blame them a bit. A lot of departments are short handed now. Who would want to go into the profession with the public attitude existing now?

When my wife and I arrived at church last Sunday, most of the folks there were in a state of agitation (to say the least) because our church had been broken in to and the broken window had just been noticed. Nothing was missing, but the minister's office door had been kicked in. One of the guys called the police. We went ahead with our service which lasted about an hour. My wife and I stayed after church for 15 or 20 minutes visiting with folks. As we started home, we met the police car about a block away. Good thing it wasn't important!

The "defund the police" movement has, I think, demoralized a lot of officers. I understand and don't blame them a bit. A lot of departments are short handed now. Who would want to go into the profession with the public attitude existing now?
It's not that way everywhere. Some cities and communities still have respect for their public servants and the service they provide to their citizens.

Heck I’ve had screaming matches with previous wives. It happens. Cops work on a hierarchy of severity when responding to calls. People yelling at each other is darn low.

Too often, LE is only an administrative function; fill out the paperwork after the fact.

I may call 911, but not depend on them responding, or responding in time for anything.

I understand everyone’s thoughts on this however I stand by my decision to call and if that situation had gone real bad then I did everything I could and the fall out would be on law enforcement.

oh I don't think anyone is saying you should not have called. You being the neighbor know how your upstairs neighbor usually is and what his/her demeanor is. Disturbing the peace is still something that you can call in, even if it is not a domestic, so again I do not think anyone is saying you shouldn't have.

Just an observation here: In this day and time I assume it is likely I'm under audio/video recording anywhere, even in my home. It makes me more the gentleman than I really am. As for the domestic situation, if you got a wifey (or partner/live in for that matter) that is planning on a future without you, those recordings won't be favorable to you in
divorce court. Same goes with interactions/disputes with neighbors, ect.

Last time I called 911 was when the riots were going on here in Vegas, the very night that cop was shot in the head, and paralyzed. I honestly did not expect the police to respond, so I called my private security company too.

One of my tenants has been having an ongoing issue with a female stalker, that breaks into his office, to live in the crawl space above the drop ceiling. I had suspected that she had done it again, as there was a random ladder leaning against the building.

My private security showed up first, young, fit, african american officer with dreads, wearing soft armor, carrying a M&P 2.0. I explained the situation to him, and he thought I was trying to prank him, and asked if he was gonna end up on youtube. Anyway, I gave him the spare key, he found the woman, the police showed up shortly after, and he handed her off to them.

Back