testtest

EDC Knife

Th@tGuy

Elite
So a couple of days ago I picked up a CRKT Spew knife, which just so happens to be my first knife, never really been into knives but recently I've had a change of heart. The knife has the option of being worn around the kneck or on your hip as they include a clip to be screwed on the holster it came with. Ouestion is who our there prefers to carry around their kneck opposed to hip carry? I'm debating on how I should carry.
16010723657198712446277862926437.jpg
1601072404165173536615094214122.jpg

These are the knives I carry. I've been carrying this CRKT Mirage since the late 90s and the KA-Bar TDI is roughly 12 years old now. Both really great knives that have their own purpose.

I only carry one knife at a time so when I carry the Ka-Bar it's on my back looped to my belt and when I use the CRKT I carry it appendix so I can easily grab it when my back is to someone like at a urinal in a restaurant or other example.
20200925_184125.jpg

Last edited:
These are the knives I carry. I've been carrying this CRKT Mirage since the late 90s and the KA-Bar TDI is roughly 12 years old now. Both really great knives that have their own purpose.

I only carry one knife at a time so when I carry the Ka-Bar it's on my back looped to my belt and when I use the CRKT I carry it appendix so I can easily grab it when my back is to someone like at a urinal in a restaurant or other example.
View attachment 10463
I like that KA-Bar!

I like that KA-Bar!
It's a nice little knife that won't get you in trouble in most jurisdictions. The city I grew up it you weren't allowed to carry a knife with a blade over 1"-3/4 long. The Ka-Bar really forms to your hand and it would be really hard for a baddie to take it from you.

I personally would not carry around the neck for two reasons. A baddie has easy access to your weapon in a sneak attack and also the lanyard can be used against you to control or choke you in an altercation. I have a decent amount of years of formal training in a Filipino knife fighting style. The examples I listed are just my opinion and should be taken as such but maybe give some thought into my examples.

I personally would not carry around the neck for two reasons. A baddie has easy access to your weapon in a sneak attack and also the lanyard can be used against you to control or choke you in an altercation. I have a decent amount of years of formal training in a Filipino knife fighting style. The examples I listed are just my opinion and should be taken as such but maybe give some thought into my examples.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, so I put the belt clip on my holster for. In Georgia knives over a certain length can be carried with the same weapons permit that gives the right to carry our firearms. I'm paracording the handle of my SPEW now.

I recently ord'd a couple of the SPEWS. I initially used the included belt clip that comes with the knife and sheath, but decided I didn't like it. I then ord'd a couple of the Blade Tech devices. You can attach a knife sheath to it horizontally or vertically, and can be used on belts or on Molle webbing. Lots of imitations out there, so ensure you get the legitimate Blade Tech brand. Link:

I had the SPEW attached vertically to a Blade Tech device, and had it on a bag for fishing, but have since changed it to a horizontal position.
20200925_203114.jpg

The screws (Chicago Screws) that come with the sheaths are usually too short, so I ord'd a pack that has longer Chicago Screws:

Oh, all holes on a sheath may not/won't mate-up to holes in the Blade Tech, so I drilled a hole (bottom left screw in sheath) as seen in the pic of the knife on the bag above, to ensure a more secure mounting.

A touch of Loc-Tite (the Blue stuff) on the screw threads will help ensure they don't come loose and become unscrewed.

I recently ord'd a couple of the SPEWS. I initially used the included belt clip that comes with the knife and sheath, but decided I didn't like it. I then ord'd a couple of the Blade Tech devices. You can attach a knife sheath to it horizontally or vertically, and can be used on belts or on Molle webbing. Lots of imitations out there, so ensure you get the legitimate Blade Tech brand. Link:

I had the SPEW attached vertically to a Blade Tech device, and had it on a bag for fishing, but have since changed it to a horizontal position.
View attachment 10468

The screws (Chicago Screws) that come with the sheaths are usually too short, so I ord'd a pack that has longer Chicago Screws:

Oh, all holes on a sheath may not/won't mate-up to holes in the Blade Tech, so I drilled a hole (bottom left screw in sheath) as seen in the pic of the knife on the bag above, to ensure a more secure mounting.

A touch of Loc-Tite (the Blue stuff) on the screw threads will help ensure they don't come loose and become unscrewed.
I gorilla glued my screws, just got done paracording the handle, it turned out good for my first try.
16010858497397295272840422549393.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knives, as 10mm said I wouldn't carry around the neck. I like to carry my knives with belt clip and in my pocket.

Back