testtest

EDC mom thwarts attack

"You shouldn't have to navigate your own city like a war zone. It's un-American," Charise Taylor, who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, told WDSU. "The crime is out of control and it's terrifying. '

we all know who to blame for the rising crime rates, and the prosecutors not pursuing charges, even the most smallest of all crimes..

Always have to be vigilant. Never know when, where and whom may come at you.

Good thing mom had a cool head and experience.
Shame it’s come to this constantly.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mom-air-force-veteran-pulls-gun-man-trying-to-get-in-car-son
Nice job mom! There were a couple of articles inside this one of a woman in Chicago area shooting at robbers after exiting a bank and a retired firefighter. Seems the robbers take off running when confronted or were shot dead. Kinda what self defense is all about.

Nice job mom! There were a couple of articles inside this one of a woman in Chicago area shooting at robbers after exiting a bank and a retired firefighter. Seems the robbers take off running when confronted or were shot dead. Kinda what self defense is all about.
but if i read correctly articles by the USCCA, Massad Ayoub, etc....or attorneys regarding self defense laws, it's NOT a good idea to shoot anyone fleeing. coming towards you is one thing, but fleeing? leaves the door wide open for over zealous prosecutors to come after YOU...for possible murder or assault with a deadly weapons charges?

best to have the would be robbers, muggers, killers run off, as they approach you, and you pull out your gun, and you shoot. rather than to shoot them in the back, fleeing away from further involvement.

people gotta read up on that sort of, non-self defensive shootings.

there is NO threat from a fleeing criminal, only an approaching one.

i hope you those situations you speak of, they were not officially charged later

Thanks for the link, Killer. Good article and good outcome. I saw somewhere recently a car stopped on an interstate entrance ramp (one lane). When the truck behind the car stopped, some folks jumped out of the car to carjack the truck or rob the driver. The truck was fortunately a Ford F250 or something and it just pushed the car out of the way and drove off. If the truck had been less capable, the driver would have needed to be armed.

Thanks for the link, Killer. Good article and good outcome. I saw somewhere recently a car stopped on an interstate entrance ramp (one lane). When the truck behind the car stopped, some folks jumped out of the car to carjack the truck or rob the driver. The truck was fortunately a Ford F250 or something and it just pushed the car out of the way and drove off. If the truck had been less capable, the driver would have needed to be armed.
if someone is stupid enough to jump out a a vehicle and walk (or run) towards a possible victim, a frigging SMART car can just as easily run over thier asses, and take off.

I can honestly say after going through something similar almost two weeks ago you never know what you will do until that situation presents itself, not to toot my own horn but I strongly believe my mental resolve, situational awareness and quick action as to not wait to draw my gun and take the upper hand prevented my would be attackers to get the jump on me and they chose to flee instead of attack.
I have played that instance over and over in my head many many times since that morning and know in my heart if the gun that moron was holding had been pointed at me I would have pulled the trigger without thinking about it.

I can honestly say after going through something similar almost two weeks ago you never know what you will do until that situation presents itself, not to toot my own horn but I strongly believe my mental resolve, situational awareness and quick action as to not wait to draw my gun and take the upper hand prevented my would be attackers to get the jump on me and they chose to flee instead of attack.
I have played that instance over and over in my head many many times since that morning and know in my heart if the gun that moron was holding had been pointed at me I would have pulled the trigger without thinking about it.
exactly, as the threat presented itself to you, face to face.

but in the other posting, about a citizen(s) shooting at a fleeing suspect, i think that's a big no-no, from all that i have read.

let the cops do the shooting at fleeing thugs.

Hi,

It was classified as a "disturbance"? I would've been quite disappointed too. That's more like an attempted assault, car-jacking, kidnapping, or worse. What is wrong with the justice system these days? If it gets any worse, we will have to be our own justice. Sheesh. Of course, nothing happens to the criminals but they'll throw the book at law-abiding citizens who are just trying to protect themselves and their loved ones. It's a mad world.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

Indeed. The law in this state is quite clear. If the attacker has broken off to run away there is no longer an immanent threat and you can not use deadly force. You were smart to get ahead of the curve. I'm glad you walked away safely and unharmed.

It's getting weird in my sleepy little bedroom town. There was a shooting at a convenience store down the block a couple months ago. Last week there was a car-to-car shooting on the freeway right at the on-ramp I usually take. Just a couple days ago there was a car chase that ended in a shooting just around the corner from me, in front of the place where I usually get my tires. It's a mad world.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

What is wrong with the justice system these days? If it gets any worse, we will have to be our own justice.

BassCliff
1644968701028.png

but if i read correctly articles by the USCCA, Massad Ayoub, etc....or attorneys regarding self defense laws, it's NOT a good idea to shoot anyone fleeing. coming towards you is one thing, but fleeing? leaves the door wide open for over zealous prosecutors to come after YOU...for possible murder or assault with a deadly weapons charges?

best to have the would be robbers, muggers, killers run off, as they approach you, and you pull out your gun, and you shoot. rather than to shoot them in the back, fleeing away from further involvement.

people gotta read up on that sort of, non-self defensive shootings.

there is NO threat from a fleeing criminal, only an approaching one.

i hope you those situations you speak of, they were not officially charged later
I agree @Old_Me
It does sound like the lady in Chicago kept firing as the attacker was fleeing. She was probably so scared she wasn't even thinking anymore.

Who knew you could get carjacked on the freeway? Luckily, Mom knows to keep her doors locked, be armed and be mentally prepared to act. The kid is lucky.

As for the other incidents, I think the only "never" scenario is to never shoot recklessly and without justification. Each incident is unique. Some situations may justify shooting a fleeing criminal, while most would not. As they often point out at "Active Self Protection," it's not where you shoot them, it's why you shoot them. That's what you'll have to explain (through your lawyer), and it better be good.

Back