testtest

Egunner Ripoff

Bid at your own risk on Egunner. I am out $660.00, gun was never shipped I am going thru bank and the authorities to try and recover my money. I assume Buds/Egunner does not have any safeguards in place to deter this type ripoff. I learned my lesson. contacted Egunner pretty much got the "oh well sorry" try your back to recover it.

Never heard of them so I did a quick Google and saw quite a few links claiming they were a scam. Lo and behold there was actually a thread in this forum from last year about the same. The only place I've ordered online from is gunbroker and possibly gun-deals, can't recall on the last one. I HAVE heard plenty of people recommend Buds though.

Bid at your own risk on Egunner. I am out $660.00, gun was never shipped I am going thru bank and the authorities to try and recover my money. I assume Buds/Egunner does not have any safeguards in place to deter this type ripoff. I learned my lesson. contacted Egunner pretty much got the "oh well sorry" try your back to recover it.
if you paid by credit card, cancel that payment, report it as theft. if you paid by personal check, good luck, as they now have your checking account routing number and account number.

close out that account, open another one. same with the credit card, ask that it be closed and open another

Welcome to Gunner.com, a division of BudsGunShop.com. With over 40 years of experience in the firearms industry, we noticed a growing need for a convenient, easy to use firearm auction website. Thus, we created eGunner.com to bring such a site to the firearms community!

since egunner, is a "division" of Buds, contact Buds and see what the hell is going on.

now that i thought more about it, there may be a problem on the payment ends of things, like maybe your payment method (you never mentioned how you paid) still has to clear.

or, given the lousy service from some of the delivery companies, it's still at thier location?

exhaust all possible avenues, but still somehow, someway, put a hold on your payment, if that is still possible.

I’ve bought from Buds and got the “coupon” for eGunner. I checked them out and they did not ring true. Gave them a hard pass. The internet does not think much of them either.

If you buy online, use your credit card, folks. A debit card does not give you the same protection that a credit card does.

I’ve bought from Buds and got the “coupon” for eGunner. I checked them out and they did not ring true. Gave them a hard pass. The internet does not think much of them either.

If you buy online, use your credit card, folks. A debit card does not give you the same protection that a credit card does.
Actually they do now depending on the bank and the logo on the card. Mine are Visa Debit cards and my bank has gotten my money back every time.

Sorry for your bad experience with Bud's.
The only thing I ever bought from them is ammo.
I will never buy a firearm online, I want to handle it before any money changes hand.

I think “depending” is the critical word here Keystone. It seems to me for people who do not appear to be internet savvy they should avoid anything that isn’t certain to get their money back
I agree however I do consider myself internet savvy as well as working for years for a government contractor and taking many classes on what and what not to do online and still have let my guard down, luckily the bank I use has an in depth process and a proactive department at recognizing malicious websites and I was notified almost immediately and was able to stop the transaction and not loose any money.
That being said I would never use a payment transaction that was anything but my debit card and I ALWAYS have the card number removed from my account and changed to another.

I never heard of anyone getting ripped off by Bud's. I have never personally bought anything from them, but I know a lot of people who have. I have about 4 places I will buy guns from on-line. Often paying a little more than what's advertised elsewhere just because I know I will get what I order from them. I have an internet account which has about $3 in it until about 1 minute before any transaction I make. However, I haven't used it in years. These days I ALWAYS use a credit card because you will always get your money back if you get hacked or scammed. Any time I buy anything on-line I do a ridiculous amount of research before buying ( other than a couple times I got squirrely after a few martinis, and was subsequently berated by my wife for being a dumbazz).

Recently I passed on a Beretta 1301 Tactical that was on sale for just under $1100 from Botach only to buy the same gun a month or so later from a vendor I met on Gunbroker for $1350. The whole checkout process and internet review thing on Botach just didn't sit right with me even though I have bought piles of magazines and armor from them in the past. The vendor I met on GB contacted me about buying directly from him which saved me a nice chunk of cash. The shotgun arrived very quickly and exactly as advertised. This guy has a store front in Illinois and can and will order anything I want as long as it is available from distributors. And his prices are good. I see myself doing business with him in the future.

There are ways to safely buy this stuff over the internet and thank god because most of the stuff I want is never going to just be sitting on a shelf at a local gun store.

Back