testtest

Elite Compact 10mm Holster Search

So I’ve been saving some money and I’m ready to purchase a (Leather) concealment holster for my Elite Compact 3.8 10mm
I have a polymer holster that works great with the optic installed but offers very poor concealment since it sits off the belt.
I have a Galco for my XD MOD2 Sub compact 40 that I have been using for years and holds that XD very close to my hip so I’m currently looking at two Galco’s for my Elite 10mm
The first is…….

10F5475D-395F-4421-A7F4-8E6E9EF75ACF.jpeg

What Galco calls the cop 3 slot, it does have a retention adjustment screw however I will use it as a butt forward holster and having the extra slot “lower slot on the right” I will never use.
The second is……
20A6C356-C156-44F0-B388-E162931B1A27.jpeg

This is a Galco high ride holster, butt forward which I’m leaning towards.
Both will work with my optic installed Elite however for the high ride to work I’ll need to use the Dremel to remove the forward bump on the trigger guard which I’m not concerned about and shouldn’t compromise the frame of the gun.
As you can see both have retention straps over the slide.

Decisions, decisions.

At least you can have a decision. Try finding in stock s&w 10mm mags.
Well TFL, you could do what I did and buy both models of the S&W 10mm. That gives me 4 - 15 rounder mags. But I hear ya, I haven't looked for a while, but the S&W Sheild Plus and SA-35 mags were nowhere to be found. I should expect it by buying these guns when they first come out.

So I’ve been saving some money and I’m ready to purchase a (Leather) concealment holster for my Elite Compact 3.8 10mm
I have a polymer holster that works great with the optic installed but offers very poor concealment since it sits off the belt.
I have a Galco for my XD MOD2 Sub compact 40 that I have been using for years and holds that XD very close to my hip so I’m currently looking at two Galco’s for my Elite 10mm
The first is…….

View attachment 28309
What Galco calls the cop 3 slot, it does have a retention adjustment screw however I will use it as a butt forward holster and having the extra slot “lower slot on the right” I will never use.
The second is……
View attachment 28310
This is a Galco high ride holster, butt forward which I’m leaning towards.
Both will work with my optic installed Elite however for the high ride to work I’ll need to use the Dremel to remove the forward bump on the trigger guard which I’m not concerned about and shouldn’t compromise the frame of the gun.
As you can see both have retention straps over the slide.

Decisions, decisions.
I like that Galco High Ride holster. My first holster I bought for my S&W M&P 9mm (1.0 version), was a Bianchi that looked a lot like this Galco, which also included a retention strap over the slide with the same forward cant. I got lots of compliments down at the range, but I switched to IWB Crossbreed holster for better concealment for me.

I like that Galco High Ride holster. My first holster I bought for my S&W M&P 9mm (1.0 version), was a Bianchi that looked a lot like this Galco, which also included a retention strap over the slide with the same forward cant. I got lots of compliments down at the range, but I switched to IWB Crossbreed holster for better concealment for me.
I’m thinking about ordering the high ride on Friday. It’s not made for the Elite but is made for the XD/XDM 40 with optic and with the Elite being just slightly wider in the slide I should be able to get it to stretch without much trouble.

Last edited:
Received the holster on Monday late afternoon and the gun has been in it wrapped in Saran Wrap, freezer wax paper and another wrap of Saran Wrap to stretch it out.
I’ll pull it apart on Tuesday add some leather conditioner to the holster and fit the gun back in it still wrapped for another week.

Back