testtest

EQ over IQ All Day, Every Day

X

XD94045

We preach this at work, the 8 second pause between stimuli and response. For unless someone has already drawn down on you, and heaven forbid, firing, taking a beat to collect yourself and make a decision you can live with for the rest of your life, is always worth it.

And at the same time, we must be cautious to not let our emotions override our intellect in common sense scenarios.

I thought this was going to be about live sound.

Incidentally the vast majority of so-called "Sound engineers" at the minor league level have no business being anywhere near an EQ. I on the other hand can pull that shite out by ear with a quickness, running the board from the stage even ( less than optimal)
1702347488756.gif

We preach this at work, the 8 second pause between stimuli and response. For unless someone has already drawn down on you, and heaven forbid, firing, taking a beat to collect yourself and make a decision you can live with for the rest of your life, is always worth it.

And at the same time, we must be cautious to not let our emotions override our intellect in common sense scenarios.

So, shoot first, ask questions later is not applicable ?

Well it's a lesson I learned a long time ago, although in this article it has been stretched into an annoyingly long, over analyzed, useless minutae filled diatribe. It's one of the reasons I was always pretty successful in physical altercations as a kid and a young(er) man. Focus and a clear head free of emotional reactions.

And for the record having empathy for people who may be trying to hurt or kill you is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. It is NOT going to help you determine if a threat exists.

Hi,

The author seems to be writing about people you'd meet on a co-ed softball field, reasonable citizens who may get upset at a bad call by the umpire. The type I worry about are the hardened thugs and opportunists that seek to do me harm with little or no warning. I always try to turn the other cheek. That's where I'm carrying. 😉

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited:
In 2007 I made a split second decision that almost cost me my freedom, my livelihood and my civil rights.

I was driving down Union Avenue in Colorado Springs, I passed some guy on the right and he took exception. He followed me from just South of Pikes Peak & Union to Fountain and Academy. Blinking his lights, yelling at me acting like he was going to ram me and generally road raging.

First thing I did was call 911. I gave them a full description of both cars, our location, my name and my cell number. So they had everything they needed to find me.

The other guy pulled way up close behind me and waved something at me. I reached down on my seat and picked up my gun, still in the holster and held it up. Without giving it any thought I told the dispatcher that what he was doing and what I had done in response.

She immediately informed me that I had broken the law and told me I needed to turn myself in at the Sand Creek substation. I didn’t see any way out of it (remember they had my name, phone number, license plate number and full description of my car) so I complied.

I walked into the substation and explained myself to the desk sergeant. He called dispatch, got their report and told me that if the other driver called in with in the next few minutes and reported me he would gladly arrest me for Felony Menacing and do everything he could to ensure that I spent the whole 2 years in prison.

I don’t think the other driver had even realized what I did and he never called. After 15 minutes the cop gave me a lecture and released me.

It only took a second of poor judgment to get myself into a mess that could have affected the rest of my life. I learned that lesson very well.

Yes, I remember my grandmother telling me that we are all one poor decision away from being someone’s cell mate. And while I hold to the position that I won’t shoot anyone who does not deserve to be shot, I want to be able to live with me for the rest of my life.

Yes, I remember my grandmother telling me that we are all one poor decision away from being someone’s cell mate. And while I hold to the position that I won’t shoot anyone who does not deserve to be shot, I want to be able to live with me for the rest of my life.
I used to have a little sign on my desk where nobody could see it but me that said

"You are never more than one bad decision away from ruining your life."

Last edited:
Back