testtest

EVAC Issue

I recently overpaid for a new Saint Edge Evac. Bud's hit me in the gut for $2250. I paid it because I fear this gun will turn into a T-rex. Extinct! Anyway, right out of the box the Evac has trouble when I make an attempt to attach the barrel assembly. It will ratchet over just one stop shy of where it needs to be. I read a comment on a YouTube Evac video from GunSpot that stated, "I sent mine back for that same reason it wouldn’t line up. I called customer service and they said theres some minor adjustment they gotta make." The guys over at GunSpot also had the same issue and claimed it will get better with frequent use. With the ammo shortage, I don't have a lot of extra rounds laying around to break in this gun. Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? I am not too thrilled to have this issue considering the steep price tag. I'm positive Springfield tested this Evac before it left the warehouse. I don't think someone would have approved this gun for sale if they had truly put it together.

Do some research on Some other forums, but I read a few times you have to really force it to line up straight a few times and it gets easier after it breaks in.
I have no experience with this model, so like I said, do some of your own research before trying.

@SeymourSmithers just picked mine up from my FFL, I have the same issue. The alignment is just a tad off. My FFL told me that he had another EVAC owner had the same issue, and is going to get in touch with him to see if Springfield fixed the issue.

Since purchasing the EVAC for a couple of hundred over MSRP, I've not had any issues. Everything is aligned and I haven't made any changes. I did add a Sig Romeo5 red dot and am hitting about two-inch groups from 50-yards. One question I have is field stripping it for cleaning. Yes, it's easy enough when disassembled to run a bore snake through the barrel, but how do you extract the bolt carrier group and firing pin for cleaning? I've tried the takedown pin but the BCG doesn't seem to want to come out. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing, but I'd appreciate a 'how to' on this. Can anyone help with this?

Said it before and will repeat:

"Break In time" on any new firearm to get it to function properly is a QC issue from the Mfg or someone has messed with the piece. Period.

Said it before and will repeat:

"Break In time" on any new firearm to get it to function properly is a QC issue from the Mfg or someone has messed with the piece. Period.
Word.
This means that gun is going back AFAIC.

For instance if I had gotten an early generation KSG25 that needed the " Fluff and Buff" treatment, it would have went back. Mine runs great.

Back