testtest

Everyday Carry Gear: Best Holsters

I switch between several carry methods depending on my wardrobe. I love the look of classic leather OWB holsters, but I live in a warm state. I can get away with carrying on my belt in the colder months, but I spend the majority of the year carrying appendix or in a back pocket. Whenever I carry appendix, I carry in a strong kydex holster that fully covers the entire trigger guard. The article mentions several of the big name holster makers, whose product are sold on the website that posted the article, but I really like the holsters from Infused Kydex USA (Amazon & Ebay) while several of my friends swear by the We The People holsters. I will go with a big name brand when looking for quality leatherwork, but I really think some of the smaller (aka cheaper) guys do a great job with kydex.

If anyone shoots themselves in their “junk” due to appendix carry, it’s them not the “style” of carry or the type of holster. Whether you have a ND on your “junk” or at the 3-4:00 position it’s on you and your gear. I would imagine we all know that one rule on your trigger finger and where it belongs. Get a holster that covers your trigger guard. If it’s not comfortable for you to carry appendix that’s one thing. If it’s slower to draw appendix, that’s one thing but to say you’d have a ND is silly.

Back