testtest

Facing the Unthinkable: Is Your Church Safe From an Attack?

my church is 1000% safe....

cuz i don't go.

seriously, i ain't been to church in decades.

not even the wife.....

only on a special occasion like a baptism, or a wedding, but it has to be a family member only.

no place is really safe, too many "holes" that need to be plugged up.

but we cannot stay home 24/7/365...no one can, so situational awareness kicks in.

joel olsteens church in houston was few weeks ago.
Strange it wasn’t widely reported an angry ‘trans’ as in ‘transitioning to a different sex than was born with’ was the shooter who was killed in the return gunfire exchange. It’s NEVER okay for anyone to kill someone just believe differently than you think they should, but thankfully no one else was severely injured by the alleged shooter.
At my church, so many of us carry that I’m more concerned about ‘friendly fire’ than the angry shooter’s gunfire tbh. But, a church is essentially a spiritual hospital for all us broken hurting people - just gotta be aware & alert which is why we have a security sheepdog type ministry complete with radios, static posts manned by members at all entrance/exit’s, protocols for the kids drop off/pickups, all backed by great security camera system that records & is monitored whenever the building is open. A lot of extra work but worth it to protect those in the ‘flock’. Sad state of our society today but necessary to insure everyone’s safety when in our buildings & property.

No place with a front door or back door is truly safe. even with armed guards. if a creep wants to shoot a place up or even other ways of killing they will. anywhere a crowd will assemble is a target. best to stay out of them. but sometimes that's not possible.

No place with a front door or back door is truly safe. even with armed guards. if a creep wants to shoot a place up or even other ways of killing they will. anywhere a crowd will assemble is a target. best to stay out of them. but sometimes that's not possible.
old Mafia saying....

"never sit with your back, to the doors."

Honestly, we all know & accept we are just a speed bump to slow down the stupidity that might come & harm others in our temporary care. We just pray it won’t happen to us the way it did at Osteen’s church. Christ Himself said, ‘Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends’. I don’t want to be killed or harmed, & REALLY don’t want send even an evil intentioned person to eternity, but I will protect myself, family, & friends by any & all means, given no other option but pulling that trigger.
Free PSA to follow: the commandment people love to throw out ‘Thou shalt not kill’ is actually’Thou shalt not MURDER’ which is entirely different. God never prohibits us from defending ourselves from aggression. He wants us to overcome evil with love - nowhere in His Word is making any of us a punching bag for kicks or letting some clown abuse his wife condoned in the Bible. Turning the other cheek is not ‘let someone tune you up for fun - it’s do not retaliate with violence if you can avoid it’ !! ( I’m sure this will spark debate but ya need to research the intent of the message , just saying ) If someone smacks me in the face, (shame on me for not being aware of it before the hit !) friend or not, I’m gonna wrap, block, or evade punch #2 & introduce them to judo, jitz, & hapkido joint lock pain compliance techniques!! Ya don’t & shouldn’t believe me, Google can start ya on that fact check mission.

We have a smaller church with one entrance / exit. A couple hundred people max. We have a deputy sheriff and several CWP's on hand at all times. If someone came in and tried to shoot, I believe they would look like a block of Swiss cheese in no time. My only real concern is collateral damage - other members of the congregation taking rounds.
But what other choice is there? I feel a lot safer in a place of worship that is not a liberal's place believing that God will protect us and restricting our rights.

Back