testtest

Factory crimp or no factory crimp?

I'm looking at it for my A-Bolt. I have a damn good load but I wonder if a crimp would help with consistency.

I did benchrest shooting back in late 80’s, and never crimped anything. I had a Remington 40x action, Hart stainless barrel, 2 ounce trigger, made by a gunsmith in PA, it was in .222Rem. My good friend had the rifle built for himself and decided to sell it to me, I never crimped any caliber for any of my bolt guns.

Last edited:
Also, I only neck sized my cases, now if it was new unfired brass I did full length resizing, but after firing the round, I just neck sized them.

I always do a little half hearted crimp. Just in the unlikely event that they go for a bath. I just figure its worth the extra 3 seconds now.

FYI, when you neck size, you have to use the round in the same rifle you fired it in initially.

Also added pic of the rifle to my original post I was telling you about.

Last edited:
I thought there was a crimp thread, so I checked and low and behold there is! So no need too start another. I crimp everything, but can't call them factory per say. I found them too be better with magnum loads, pistol or rifle. I do crimp all pistol ammo since all are auto loaders.

I use a standard crimp on all my auto pistol carts.
I use a standard crimp on all my revolver carts.
I use a HEAVY crimp on all my Mag revolver carts.
I use a Factory crimp on necked pistol carts.
I use a Factory crimp on necked rifle carts.

Back