testtest

Failure Drill: A Proven Strategy to Stop an Attacker

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
There may be a lot of reasons why two shots to an attacker's vital zone fails to put him down.

Failure Drill

1607551032725.png

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this Talyn! I was taught this drill in a training I attended where I also learned that the 2 center torso mass hits as shown in the photo could still leave the threat upright and operable for 15-30 seconds. All CC's and home defenders should practice this drill. The trainer went further, telling us to keep up our guard and awareness even if the threat goes down after the 2 center mass hits. Hopefully, none of us will ever be in this situation but we should be prepared.

"The reality is the US military didn't replace the 1911-A1 with the M9. Technology caused the battle handgun to become obsolete."

I don't know where you get your information from, but I will kindly disagree on this statement. I also don't think the TRP is the king of all 1911's, yea, its a good gun, I had 2 over the years, last one was a TRP Operator, didn't shoot or function any different then my SA loaded 1911. But to get back to your statement above, there were many reason why they replaced the 1911, one I remember was the army didn't buy any new handguns since 1955, so there is more to the reasoning of why the 1911 was replaced, just saying.

Back