testtest

FedEx wanting to scan IDs

Recusant

Hellcat
VCDL members have complained about FedEx drivers wanting to scan driver's licenses before they'll deliver bulk ammo. This was in an update I received yesterday. I thought I'd post it here in case this issue comes up in your area of the country if your locality allows bulk sales through a common carrier. I know in some parts of the country bulk ammo delivery is prohibited by state or local laws:

It turns out that some FedEx drivers don’t know the Company’s policy on proof of age for an adult signature requirement.

We’ve had two reports of a FedEx driver requiring that he scan a member’s driver’s license before turning over an ammunition shipment. Both members refused the scan and the driver left with the ammunition!

FedEx policy says that for proof of age for an adult signature requirement, ID is to be scanned by the driver, BUT, if the person refuses, the driver can type their first initial, last name, and date of birth into the form and then hand over the package.

The scan is supposed to only fill in the person’s first initial, last name, and date of birth. No other information is supposed to be VCDL captured by the scan.

To comply with Virginia law, the driver should only scan the ID of someone who reasonably could be under the age of 18. Scanning the ID of someone who is around 21 would probably not be an issue but scanning the ID of someone who is clearly well beyond 21 is not legal.

The FedEx FAQ is here:

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-options/signature-services.html

Virginia law is here:

https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/title59.1/chapter35/section59.1-443.3/

well, here in my state, we must now show our 'Blue Card"...to buy any sort of ammo, at any retailer.

i spoke of the RI Blue Card many times..

it is a card, that shows the retailers that we took the RI test and passed, so that we can legally buy guns.

now due to the stupid, insipid, asinine, lawmakers that also put a 10 round limit on magazines, came up with.

so if UPS, FedEx, wants to see my ID and scan it, so be it, as it's only for proof of age and who i am.

what is galling however about showing our Blue Card for in store ammo purchases..??

there is no serial number, or ID number the retailer can enter into the computer. as a result, we MUST SHOW that Blue Card EACH and every ammo purchase.....!!!!!!!!!

another BS thing is that i am a ccw person, so i can go in, buy a gun and walk out, so i asked just yesterday in fact when i bought 38 special ammo, "can't my ccw be used"?

NOPE, was the answer......

how stupid is that.....????

I PROVED who i am, how I QUALIFY, that i had the AG's office AND POLICE dept background checks....!!!!!

but still NO ammo, with out that Blue Card.....!!!!!!

8kNWkliySeOEESbnbV0mX9AIsw9qULYkOunH-JjjmHebPNAfwx8T-5x0y9Myfe6as9USWaTgr3u1OjzucfD4g0IFeGsREMuQfoszRGpPUqpl1zekDrN14fefCf8xq7W10vwufc9NIq4vzvdMDl9TOM9UqwRik3rHjIyLgY5_OTscOMoT8cGi_XQZXQ6HySvfCpSPT2WfEA3DgCyctpK3i79jp2iQnxx6awQ4zKDB8qhsFR-JTjbYXU9pP0c06BgfE6V-DyczL9CGEP3_EFiM8I9CaQdSF9OTh9L1F_9e2GdZFb0bZ-dBxtxjCDURDjVXZS6uhTSenL0GZWNwvi2HmdAJJKWJeIw5q-hdMh796jFEN4Em1G2wBRLFOkLTQmOrV5qF2yo7_ESscBYKkjfl548mNiHB693vv1MmpDRhD99bqdAYI7wyICI2MFGIiJRJ3yzzpk9GbzAdiCCXsitxjJYesxoLLUV0Vz-9Mv2HvZGrDvXKew0zEPun0WM1Wuc1nbjMY2McbGMIwRu_gOy9y-AJ0rtm-DXr8lTO1zCxzrr-muEjfAmlZ3Woi8uuhF11rbxmEOtsFy2WQ6Z8XOEALVqNz7XDmoeypOYA50Qm-ou0uBLfa6TpjZasrdI5cB-YUxV_Hh-j4qi6IIVaURZ4TjLMjl6iooB_vfhULDROWoioseQ8IHGE8YpG-vipX-no95NcuEq8j466UnfM0MhknwbqES2M0TsrXaiIifGsb971LtS6KcfrMDyXQSdlVrgzl7gr6TbAzDH_kz9ySDzuBGjwj-czHAVO3ow1dGwjkfOFHyBubSVAYO9W2_3p7o2jf4OV_xIdpxhFREVPPh6v-ld5hJiHL0j69sXBaBZ3ll5Jo8SK-b1uBcMQN-2iqyZeaXcEXYklPb56zNNrKZD617pNqQRGxxNOhcnvtufsZ-blkeDS=w1250-h937-no

They've been doing the same thing for years for alcohol, why is this any different? The seller can check a box for signature and I.D. on anything, if the shipping company doesn't follow that then the shipping company gets to pay for it if they have no proof and it's lost or delivered to the wrong address.

They've been doing the same thing for years for alcohol, why is this any different? The seller can check a box for signature and I.D. on anything, if the shipping company doesn't follow that then the shipping company gets to pay for it if they have no proof and it's lost or delivered to the wrong address.
Is alcohol a constitutional right ?

Is alcohol a constitutional right ?

Gosh, the stuff I can remember….

The Honeymooners, Norton is trying to tell Ralph what to do when he goes to the IRS audit …

Ed Norton:
When you get down there tomorrow, I got the idea, stand on the 18th Amendment.

Ralph Kramden:
Are you nuts or somethin'? Stand on the 18th Amendment? You mean stand on the Fifth Amendment. The 18th Amendment was for prohibition.

Ed Norton:
Well, that's just what I mean. Tell 'em you were drunk when you made out your taxes!

Just another example of the Feds trying to get a private entity to do things they are prohibited from doing. All part of the plan to do an end run around the Constitutional protections we have in place.

Biden’s recent executive order to impose further unconstitutional restrictions on gun ownership follow this plan. The "enhanced" red flag provisions are designed to encourage fear obsessed sheeple to rat out those despicable law abiding gun owners for their "protection". Couple that with the likely soon to follow ban by fiat of semi-automatic firearms, and they will have the mechanism in place to disarm people.

While court challenges will follow, in the meantime they will seize your guns without due process and likely destroy them. You won't be able to replace your firearms as the manufacturers will have been driven out of business and the supply will be tight if nonexistent. All you will be given is a "sorry, our bad" and even if you were compensated at fair market value you won't be able to buy any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back