testtest

Firearm Training: Dry Fire Training to Improve Defensive Handgun Skills

A very good article on dry firing. Unfortunately firing a handgun is a perishable skill. Dry firing is the most economical way to reinforce those necessary skills of trigger control and sight alignment especially with the increasing cost of ammunition. Dry firing is something we encouraged when I was a firearms instructor at the police academy.

I've only been shooting for four months but one of my first buys, in amongst the 7 pistols I now own, was a MantisX3. I have worked with it nearly every day and because I'm working from home Ive been able to get to the range 2-3 times a week. I have seen a direct correlation between dry firing and success on the range. The great thing about the Mantis is that if you change your grip, the way you press the trigger, stance, etc. you can see the results good or bad in real time. I'm happy to say that the days of down and to the left are long gone and I can put my shots inside a two inch target at 20 yds.

Very informative. This is something I need to do more and I like the trick with the pencil.

I've only been shooting for four months but one of my first buys, in amongst the 7 pistols I now own, was a MantisX3. I have worked with it nearly every day and because I'm working from home Ive been able to get to the range 2-3 times a week. I have seen a direct correlation between dry firing and success on the range. The great thing about the Mantis is that if you change your grip, the way you press the trigger, stance, etc. you can see the results good or bad in real time. I'm happy to say that the days of down and to the left are long gone and I can put my shots inside a two inch target at 20 yds.
I think you just helped me decide on this purchase. New handgun owner as well and I've been getting ads for the Mantis a lot. I have the ELMS by GSight which has been great, but it doesn't do more of the technical evaluations that the Mantis does.

Back