testtest

Firearms Training Record...

Tom Givens in the Range Master classes has a great explanation.

The 5 A’s

Acceptance…bad things can and will happen to you

Awareness….be aware of your surroundings

Avoidance….obviously go the other way and if you think you need to gun up or add another magazine to go there maybe you shouldn’t go!

Action…even if you do everything right revert to Acceptance and you found yourself in a bad situation no fault of your own
Action well time to get busy doing what needs done to survive

And Aftermath ….Be prepared for a lengthy police intervention and or court issue and handcuff even if you were 110% legal it never hardly ever happens like TV and the movies where you are immediately thanked and allowed to go home!
Depends on your state laws. In Florida chapter 776 and 782 govern use of force. In Florida police may not arrest in self defense/justifiable use of force cases unless they have probable cause that you committed a crime. If you are charged you are entitled to an immunity hearing before a judge. You are also immune from civil suit and prosecution if found to be justified. Our sheriff even encourages citizens to shoot home burglars. Just because you can does not mean you should, but if within the bounds of justifiable use of force laws you will be OK in Florida. It's why I continue to urge folks to know the law. When I was training folks full time we spent a lot of time on the law. If one does something stupid and gets into trouble, well, life is hard for the stupid.

Does anyone have a BEWARE OF DOG sign on their fence? If you are the home owners attorney and someone gets bit it is a plus for defense. As in it serves as a warning. If you are the attorney for the person that got bit you can use it against the home owner claiming he knew the dog was dangerous. So does the sign work for you or against you.? Does your training records work for you or against you. And as the old saying goes, Inquiring minds want to know.
the left will do anything to be rid of guns...period.

why give them any fodder to do so..??

in the state of TN, there is a Bill up for passage, regarding taking of "some meds"

if and i say IF that passes, don;t you think other states will try this?

and let's not forget, TN has been a 2A friendly state....

times are a'changing, and anything that can be used against you...will

the only "record" i keep is, i have 3 small pocket note books.

1 for each range i go to, and all i "jot down" , is the date, and how much time spent at each, no more information..

for my "personal" keeping track of the yearly dues to the amount of time spent, to "see" when x number of trips paid for the memberships, then the free times after that membership has paid off.

the only thing a prosecutor could accuse me of, is practicing, but nothing specific like tactical, etc.......

another "what if"...scenario..

"what if", someone does tactical training, weekly....then goes on a shooting rampage.....don't you think the prosecutor will use that against the person, as in, "well your honor, it was proven he was training for a mass shooting"

again, gotta think how "they will think", to be rid of our guns, and rights.

Does anyone have a BEWARE OF DOG sign on their fence? If you are the home owners attorney and someone gets bit it is a plus for defense. As in it serves as a warning. If you are the attorney for the person that got bit you can use it against the home owner claiming he knew the dog was dangerous. So does the sign work for you or against you.? Does your training records work for you or against you. And as the old saying goes, Inquiring minds want to know.
I investigated a few dog bite cases over the years. What we were looking for was, was it a dangerous (aggressive) animal, and did the owner fail to control and contain an animal they knew was dangerous? The Bad Dog or Beware of Dog sign might lend weight to the allegation that you knew the dog was dangerous and failed to control it. If you have a bad dog you have an obligation to keep it from biting people. A woman in Pensacola was just charged with manslaughter after her pit bulls mauled an elderly neighbor to death. She knew full well her dogs were vicious. The dogs had been terrorizing the neighborhood for quite some time and she was repeatedly warned.

I investigated a few dog bite cases over the years. What we were looking for was, was it a dangerous (aggressive) animal, and did the owner fail to control and contain an animal they knew was dangerous? The Bad Dog or Beware of Dog sign might lend weight to the allegation that you knew the dog was dangerous and failed to control it. If you have a bad dog you have an obligation to keep it from biting people. A woman in Pensacola was just charged with manslaughter after her pit bulls mauled an elderly neighbor to death. She knew full well her dogs were vicious. The dogs had been terrorizing the neighborhood for quite some time and she was repeatedly warned.
i presume the pits were put down..??

up here, a "hearing" takes place before any destroying of a dog is done.

usually the animal is put down, it's just policy for the hearing.

Depends on your state laws. In Florida chapter 776 and 782 govern use of force. In Florida police may not arrest in self defense/justifiable use of force cases unless they have probable cause that you committed a crime. If you are charged you are entitled to an immunity hearing before a judge. You are also immune from civil suit and prosecution if found to be justified. Our sheriff even encourages citizens to shoot home burglars. Just because you can does not mean you should, but if within the bounds of justifiable use of force laws you will be OK in Florida. It's why I continue to urge folks to know the law. When I was training folks full time we spent a lot of time on the law. If one does something stupid and gets into trouble, well, life is hard for the stupid.
Respectfully you still will have an aftermath. My state of Indiana also has a zero civil liability law since around 2017/18 as well.

The fact it can be a completely justified shooting however a Prosecutor does not need beyond a reasonable doubt to take you to trial only has to prove that to win. You can look no further than the Rittenhouse case. There was nothing illegal about any of the shots he made (we can debate it wasn’t smart to be there aka that whole avoidance that’s another topic) but they (probably Soros backed Prosecutors) were hell bent on trying him.

Bottom line laws are nice but you will still get run through a ringer.

And Guy Reliford represented the young man Mr Dickens that saved countless lives at Greenwood mall last July. You almost need an Attorney to help with the media circus that will follow you and the.

There are is also the issue of friend and family of the “innocent young man with life ahead of him” you put down that will Harass you on any social media accounts or forums you are in and forget about king to the store with any privacy.

Just something to be prepared for!

Respectfully you still will have an aftermath. My state of Indiana also has a zero civil liability law since around 2017/18 as well.

The fact it can be a completely justified shooting however a Prosecutor does not need beyond a reasonable doubt to take you to trial only has to prove that to win. You can look no further than the Rittenhouse case. There was nothing illegal about any of the shots he made (we can debate it wasn’t smart to be there aka that whole avoidance that’s another topic) but they (probably Soros backed Prosecutors) were hell bent on trying him.

Bottom line laws are nice but you will still get run through a ringer.

And Guy Reliford represented the young man Mr Dickens that saved countless lives at Greenwood mall last July. You almost need an Attorney to help with the media circus that will follow you and the.

There are is also the issue of friend and family of the “innocent young man with life ahead of him” you put down that will Harass you on any social media accounts or forums you are in and forget about king to the store with any privacy.

Just something to be prepared for!
Using deadly force is a life changing event. It is a last resort to be avoided if possible. There are far reaching ramifications. No sane person wants to take a life.

Each state and community is different in the way they respond to such events. A community that rakes a person who lawfully uses force in self defense lacks ethical leadership and strength of character. We have seen far too many examples of it. George Zimmerman and Rittenhouse are examples. A prosecutor who does not believe he can prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt should never bring the charge. To do so is unethical at best and prosecutorial misconduct at worst.

Every community gets precisely the quality of law enforcement they deserve.

Using deadly force is a life changing event. It is a last resort to be avoided if possible. There are far reaching ramifications. No sane person wants to take a life.

Each state and community is different in the way they respond to such events. A community that rakes a person who lawfully uses force in self defense lacks ethical leadership and strength of character. We have seen far too many examples of it. George Zimmerman and Rittenhouse are examples. A prosecutor who does not believe he can prove his case beyond a reasonable doubt should never bring the charge. To do so is unethical at best and prosecutorial misconduct at worst.

Every community gets precisely the quality of law enforcement they deserve.
The issue with a Jusge or Prosecutor brings up another item. While Qualified Immunity gets all the press and a lot of folks are against it what gets overlooked is Absolute Immunity! Absolute Immunity is what keeps Judges and Prosecutors from being held civilly liable for any or their abuse of power or screw ups. And the person is just SOL

At least with Qualified Immunity if the Officer following department policy and that policy violates constitutional rights the Department writes a check. With Absolute Immunity not so much

Back