testtest

First Look: Bushnell RXS-250 Red Dot Sight

First look on the Bushnell RXS-250 dot

curious if you have had or heard of any battery life issues. Agency wide we are just went to this RDS in June. They are eating batteries like every 2-3 months. We are now onto Energizer Lith from the original to Duracell and now Energizer.

curious if you have had or heard of any battery life issues. Agency wide we are just went to this RDS in June. They are eating batteries like every 2-3 months. We are now onto Energizer Lith from the original to Duracell and now Energizer.
What agency is issued an RDS for their firearms? I'm curious as I haven't heard of red dot sights being used agency wide before and I'm intrigued to hear more.

What agency is issued an RDS for their firearms? I'm curious as I haven't heard of red dot sights being used agency wide before and I'm intrigued to hear more.

They've been out there for a bit......

The authoritative white paper on this topic, authored in 2017, by Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics lists the following agencies (which have adopted the pistol-mounted mRDS to some degree, whether it be full or partial department issue or the authorization for officers to utilize the device at their discretion [i.e. "optional"]) and their points of contact:

white-paper: [I said:
Miniaturized Red Dot Systems for Duty Handgun Use[/I]"]

Also....

Finally, this article's mention of the "newly configured" Safariland duty holsters would also suggest that mRDS adaptation by agencies is well underway. ;) Production line tooling ain't cheap!

Last edited:
Back