testtest

First U.S. Army Unit Just Received Long Awaited M4 And M249 Replacements

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Delivery of the first next-generation rifles and light machine guns to soldiers represents a huge moment for the Army.

1711766186536.png

Why is the XM5 now the XM7?

Originally the rifle was designated the XM5, as the names were chosen as the next numbers sequentially to the weapons they will replace. In January 2023, the Army announced it was changing the name of the rifle from XM5 to XM7 to avoid a trademark conflict with Colt's M5 carbine.

From here, following the delivery of next-generation rifles and light machine guns to the 101st Airborne Division, "the Army will field NGSW systems to a National Guard armored brigade in May,".

The kind of people we need, the kind that used to volunteer to serve, are becoming few and far between in the armed forces. Most ex military guys I know say they wouldn't join today. You know, unless they needed a taxpayer funded sex change. :rolleyes:

Our troops should have the most lethal weapons we can provide them. Now if we can just recruit enough warriors to employ them.
As noting finding warriors is becoming ever more difficult in an age where “entitlement” is the perspective and where boys aren’t being taught by their fathers to be men. Courage, duty and honor have been largely replaced by a fear of “toxic masculinity.” I fear a lot of todays young males would simply surrender if attacked (or else run to their cry room🙄). Many of those who would actually fight are thugs and gangbangers with no sense of honor or duty. It takes a special type individual to sign a blank check payable for anything up to and including their life if necessary. God bless those few who still retain the sense of duty and honor who wear the uniform and willingly go in harms way to protect the rest of us. And yes, they should carry the most lethal weapon we can manufacture!
As an aside the .277 Sig is almost a ballistic twin of the 276 Pederson that was introduced as a replacement military round in the late 1920’s. In its final version it was rejected primarily because we had huge stocks of ‘06 on hand. (MacArthur was COS of the army at the time). The Garand was redesigned for the ‘06 and went on to carry the nation through WW2 and Korea (with 8 rounds of ‘06 rather than 10 of .276). The military version of the new round is about 500 fps faster, BUT it runs at nearly twice the chamber pressure of the ancient Pederson (so much so that a new, three piece steel an brass cartridge is required. I personally question the long term viability of an arm running 80k psi chamber pressure, but there ya are😏

Last edited:
I know nothing about suppressors but i have seen a few talk about them getting dirty and clogged up with just a few rounds. even seen one guy melt the inside of one firing full auto. if that is true i wonder how they are going to work on a full automatic weapon. especially in a sustained firefight.

I know nothing about suppressors but i have seen a few talk about them getting dirty and clogged up with just a few rounds. even seen one guy melt the inside of one firing full auto. if that is true i wonder how they are going to work on a full automatic weapon. especially in a sustained firefight.
The melted can probably wasn’t FA rated…

And it takes a lot more than “just a few” rounds to get one dirty; buddy has a .22 can with thousands of rounds through it, it’s still good (sealed design; has to be sent to the manufacturer to service/clean)…and .22LR is filthy.

Suppressors have different ratings based on how they are constructed.

If someone had issues then they didn't read the user manual.

Back