testtest

Florida bill to ban dogs from sticking heads out the window.

Would be better if they banned liberals from sticking their heads up their _______! Fill in the blank.
1677089736744.gif

Blank filled in……😬

like WTH....???

i guess the next ban will be "no more left arm out the window, to get a tan"..?????

Good grief. Isn’t this the same state that does not have helmet law for motorcycles? Or allow for individuals to own a sbr? Those may have changed since the last time I was there.
I remember folks flying by us ( going at least 90-100) on 95 between Ft. Lauderdale and palm beach. No helmet , no shirt, cargo shorts and flip flops.

"Somebody's dog must have barked out the window at her"

Actually it was a video of a dog falling out a window right under a semi. It got up and ran away and was OK.

This is a typical over reaction by seeing something. One person does a stupid thing, by driving down the interstate with the window down and a dog hanging out, and now a law is needed.

The driver can already be charged with animal abuse by being stupid, another law is not needed. More common sense is needed instead.

My dog loves to hang his head out going to the park and back home. But common sense tells me NOT to let him hang out as we go down an Interstate or a faster, non-local road.

I firmly believe in less government, fewer laws and rules but sometimes people make it so hard to support that thought because of stupidity. (But I still do.) imo

"Somebody's dog must have barked out the window at her"

Actually it was a video of a dog falling out a window right under a semi. It got up and ran away and was OK.

This is a typical over reaction by seeing something. One person does a stupid thing, by driving down the interstate with the window down and a dog hanging out, and now a law is needed.

The driver can already be charged with animal abuse by being stupid, another law is not needed. More common sense is needed instead.

My dog loves to hang his head out going to the park and back home. But common sense tells me NOT to let him hang out as we go down an Interstate or a faster, non-local road.

I firmly believe in less government, fewer laws and rules but sometimes people make it so hard to support that thought because of stupidity. (But I still do.) imo

No problem with the window down just far enough that the dog can get some air but not be able to get out, except on high speed roads.

Dogs do need protection from flying road debris, sure. But that rule is generally a local ordinance already. I don’t think many State Trooper will be cheering, as the Interstate is already loaded with idiot drivers that may or may not be dawgs themselves.

Gimmick legislation. Easy to dispute the goal and easy to pass. This is not a law and order Bill, merely a stunt that should be laughed out of chamber considering all the other BS that’s ruining the Sunshine State.
So the state senator will go one proposing a bunch of nonsense, the end game is nobody can claim she sat on her duff come next election and they proclaim…
“Hey, look at my accomplishments… in the past 4 years, I crafted and passed xx amount of laws”.

Well they gotta do something or people will find out they really don't do anything.

For the record I think unless your dog will sit strapped into a seatbelt ( as mine did) taking them unnecessarily for rides in the car is irresponsible. Even a relatively minor fender bender is likely to send Rover through the windshield.

All dogs large and small need to be belted/harnessed in preventing them from sticking their heads out of windows to avoid injuries to their faces and eyes from flying debris, even a small bug can cause devastating eye injuries.
Having them secured also prevents them from launching forward like a rocket. I remember back in the 90’s a large dog and woman was killed in an accident when the dog was thrown forward from the back seat crushing the front seat passenger against the dashboard.
Yes accidents happen but the carnage can be prevented with a simple buckled in harness.

Well they gotta do something or people will find out they really don't do anything.

For the record I think unless your dog will sit strapped into a seatbelt ( as mine did) taking them unnecessarily for rides in the car is irresponsible. Even a relatively minor fender bender is likely to send Rover through the windshield.
i agree 1000%....it was many, many years ago, that seat belts for pets, or pet carriers that allowed them to sit belted in came on the scene, and i thought that was ridiculous back then.

but watching a few Insurance videos for child seats, the importance of seat belts, and pet restraints, convinced me that these are all very important.

what get's my "goat", is when i read about an accident, or see it on the news, someone is thrown from the vehicle, and dies from that.

not much to say about it but..."oh well, they shoulda been strapped in"

Back