testtest

Florida's new Capital Sexual Battery Law-DeSantis walks his talk

HayesGreener

Hellcat
Goes into effect 1 October. Makes the death penalty more accessible
1297: Capital Sexual Battery
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Baker ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bankson ; Black ; Botana ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Gregory ; Holcomb ; Jacques ; Leek ; Plakon ; Roth ; Salzman ; Snyder ; Temple ; Tuck ; Yarkosky

Capital Sexual Battery; Provides for death sentences for certain child sexual offenders; provides for separate death penalty proceedings in such cases; provides for findings & recommended sentences by jury; provides for imposition of sentence of life imprisonment or death; provides requirements for court order in support of death sentence; provides for automatic review of sentences of death; specifies aggravating factors & mitigating circumstances; provides for victim impact evidence; authorizes state to appeal from sentence on specified grounds.

Effective Date: 10/1/2023
Last Action: 5/2/2023 - Chapter No. 2023-25
Bill Text: PDF

GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Baker ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bankson ; Black ; Botana ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Gregory ; Holcomb ; Jacques ; Leek ; Plakon ; Roth ; Salzman ; Snyder ; Temple ; Tuck ; Yarkosky

Capital Sexual Battery; Provides for death sentences for certain child sexual offenders; provides for separate death penalty proceedings in such cases; provides for findings & recommended sentences by jury; provides for imposition of sentence of life imprisonment or death; provides requirements for court order in support of death sentence; provides for automatic review of sentences of death; specifies aggravating factors & mitigating circumstances; provides for victim impact evidence; authorizes state to appeal from sentence on specified grounds.

this is what the entire country needs...law and order.....and the death penalty.

i care less the "it's not fair to the poor"...B effing S crowd.....

do the crime..??

do the time....or in this case, take the frigging needle.....

First thing that idiot has done that I agree with. Child molesters should die. If it was up to me, it'd be slow and painful. 🤬
i think anyone given the death penalty ought have it carried out ASAP......

i care less as i mentioned earlier, if it is a rich or poor person.

"did the crime"?

do the time, or get the needle.

Our new Governor in PA did away with the death penalty. Although when he ran he stated he was a staunch supporter of it and now he claims his views have changed.

I do like DeSantis although I’ll admit he has said some things that have made me go hmmmm.

I also like Pence and wish he was doing better……. I see him as very level headed.

I’m also impressed with Nikki Haley.

Time will tell……..

I do like DeSantis although I’ll admit he has said some things that have made me go hmmmm.

I also like Pence and wish he was doing better……. I see him as very level headed.

I’m also impressed with Nikki Haley.

Time will tell……..
I like DeSantis, but I detest the other two you mentioned. Pence is most definitely Mitt Rommel light, an establishment republican if I ever saw one and Nikki Haley, while she does have a very cool last name, is way too eager to be a globalist, Bush family new world order type for me.

I would prefer Kristi Noam or DeSantis or John Kennedy, Josh Hawley or someone like that.

Back