testtest

Footprints/Mounting Standards on Red Dot Sights

BobM

Hellcat
A very good older detailed article May 25, 2019, explaining various adapters, footprints and optics. Is a longer more involved article. The basics on how to pick and choose are covered as well as some more detailed views and drawings/schematics. Plenty of examples and pics for good descriptions.

Nice article, did I overlook the Hex Dragonfly and Wasp?

Thanks. No, you didn't overlook them. Article's from 2019, the Hex optics line wasn't released yet. Is partially why mentioned date.

Article was posted to help people realize what's all involved in basics with some good examples and to help relate and be familiar with what all's involved in mounting optics. It's fairly easy once used to it, but still a little involved and more than some may think.

2019 seems like ancient history in red dot terms. These days it seems like RMR, DPP and Shield RMSc footprint cover just about everything.

Yah, in some ways it is ancient info when some things almost fly off into the sunset tech wise sometimes.
With 2-3 years being ancient being ancient things can get a bit scary. Retiring at 21 or 22 years old could get interesting? :)

" ............................ " Retiring at 21 or 22 years old could get interesting? :)
Bob ..... Ive seen things be "ancient", even obsolete before I get it home, much less 2-3 years. LOL!

And as for retiring at 21 or 22 years old, hell I know kids today at 26-30+ already retired (or so it seems) and living off mom and dad. Being the simple, old school, country boy that I am, I don't really look at it as them being 'retired' ..... but more akin to 'dead beats'. :)(y)(y)(y) Uh huh, y'all know the kind I'm talkin' about !!! We all know some !!!

Back