testtest

forever city living

Old_Me

Ronin
1714247277415.png

Like a lot of people in my generation, I grew up with Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts and cousins who were all farmers. In fact, my parents were the first members of either family to leave the farm and move to the big city. (suburbs actually).
As a kid I spent a lot of time on their farms. Most of my summers too. And yes, I did do chores. I was there, so I had to work. I'm sort of a countryfied city kid. Grew up with the best of both worlds. 😁
About ten years ago, we went to the Memphis Zoo for the first time in a long time. I was surprised that they had put in a Farm exhibit. But then it dawned on me that most kids now have never seen a live horse, cow, pig or chicken. A sad loss for future generations. :(

Like a lot of people in my generation, I grew up with Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts and cousins who were all farmers. In fact, my parents were the first members of either family to leave the farm and move to the big city. (suburbs actually).
As a kid I spent a lot of time on their farms. Most of my summers too. And yes, I did do chores. I was there, so I had to work. I'm sort of a countryfied city kid. Grew up with the best of both worlds. 😁
About ten years ago, we went to the Memphis Zoo for the first time in a long time. I was surprised that they had put in a Farm exhibit. But then it dawned on me that most kids now have never seen a live horse, cow, pig or chicken. A sad loss for future generations. :(
1 of my city kids of my wife's oldest brother was about 5 or 6 when he went on a morning feed run to feed the horses. He said, "look at all of those chickens"! I laughed and said, "those are turkeys". Yup, city kids :rolleyes:

A very astute observation there Fox, and you're right it is very sad!

Back