testtest

Four Essential Survival Knots Everyone Should Know

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
In casual scenarios, the rope knots you use can be inconsequential. Knots ranging from what appears to be an exploding bird’s nest to pretty bows are common. In dangerous situations though, an effective knot can mean success or failure and possibly even life or death.

1710985890316.png

In casual scenarios, the rope knots you use can be inconsequential. Knots ranging from what appears to be an exploding bird’s nest to pretty bows are common. In dangerous situations though, an effective knot can mean success or failure and possibly even life or death.

View attachment 54479
About 1995 visiting a SEAL, Coronado Ca. We went over to the SEAL pool, bud/s students were doing their knot tying. Me, dont know much about it

Thanks for the link, Talyn.

In the shooting world, the mantra seems to be that a person will fall back to their level of training rather than rise to the occasion (or something like that!). I just hope this is true of knot tying if I ever need it. Similar to Recusant, I learned these and some others in the past, but haven’t used them much over the years. It is astounding how much a person can forget while going down the backside of the aging hill!

Thanks for the link, Talyn.

In the shooting world, the mantra seems to be that a person will fall back to their level of training rather than rise to the occasion (or something like that!). I just hope this is true of knot tying if I ever need it. Similar to Recusant, I learned these and some others in the past, but haven’t used them much over the years. It is astounding how much a person can forget while going down the backside of the aging hill!
This is where learning to tie knots as a kid pays off! Especially if you fly fish. These types of knots are almost endless. Thanks Talyn.

1711032744807.png

Back