testtest

Get a Grip (Angle, that Is)

Annihilator another great article.
You keep outdoing yourself.
I found the article informative in that although I don’t have small hands in fact larger then normal which was the reason I could not control the recoil of the M&P 40 shield I used to own. Very small, thin “single stack” grip caused the gun to “move” to much in my hands no matter the many variations of grip I tried.
That being said the Springfield 1911 I bought fit my hand just right, just like the 3 Springfield XD Mod2’s I own, yes single stack versus 3 double stack, well the article helped me to understand its the grip angle as much as it’s the grip itself. Or in so many words my hands were made for Springfield handguns.
No argument from me. 😁

Grip Angle plays an important role this is one feature I like about the Springfield Armory Hell Cat I bet much thought in its design was grip angle. It points at the target naturally like point your finger try eyes closed point at a target then open your eyes the sights are on the target. "Grip angle of the Springfield Hellcat allows for instinctive sight alignment with the U-notch rear and front sight." There are generally two different grip angles available, which for the sake of this discussion we will call the 1911 grip angle and the Glock grip angle. The 1911 grip angle (all 1911 variants, Springfield XD, etc.) is more nearly square to the slide (about 18 degrees off square), while the Glock grip angle (Luger, Steyr M series, H&K P7, Ruger Mk II, etc.) is more raked (about 22 degrees off square).
Learn how to grip your pistol properly from the best.

While I see this is an older video it still applies. Me on the other hand, trying to understand if this works as well with a wheel gun, my current EDC. I carry different weapons to ensure balance and capability depending on situations.

Back