testtest

Getting a Handle on a Holster

Yes, it's from Don Quixote's horse but not only is the "Roci" used in the Expanse, it was used by the band Rush (big fan) in the "Cygnus X-1" a two-part song series about an explorer aboard the spaceship Rocinante traveling through space.

The first part, "Book I: The Voyage", is the last song on the 1977 album "A Farewell to Kings" album, and the second part, "Book II: Hemispheres", is the first song on the following album, 1978's "Hemispheres" album.

Don't know if the author of "The Expanse" books took that inspiration from Rush's use, but it seems likely.

Season 4 of The Expanse is coming out next week. I binged Season 3 earlier in the year on Prime, since SciFi dumped it, but will be getting the DVD/Blu Ray later this month when it's released.

The last book is due out next year. There's much more detail in the books vs. the TV show.

Last edited:
Yes, it's from Don Quixote's horse but not only is the "Roci" used in the Expanse, it was used by the band Rush (big fan) in the "Cygnus X-1" a two-part song series about an explorer aboard the spaceship Rocinante traveling through space.

The first part, "Book I: The Voyage", is the last song on the 1977 album "A Farewell to Kings" album, and the second part, "Book II: Hemispheres", is the first song on the following album, 1978's "Hemispheres" album.

Don't know if the author of "The Expanse" books took that inspiration from Rush's use, but it seems likely.

Season 4 of The Expanse is coming out next week. I binged Season 3 earlier in the year on Prime, since SciFi dumped it, but will be getting the DVD/Blu Ray later this month when it's released.

The last book is due out next year. There's much more detail in the books vs. the TV show.

Also a massive Rush fan. How did I not know that? My first Rush album was Hemispheres, but my favorite by far is Caress of Steel. In fact Geddy Lee is the reason I play a Rickenbacker 4001. I bought it in the early 80s and it was my number one bass until 2015 when I bought a Spector that knocked it back to number 2.

Season 5 is coming out soon...4 dropped last year (main storyline being Cibola Burn).

They’ve been greenlit for season 6–but it will be the final season.

Season 5 is coming out soon...4 dropped last year (main storyline being Cibola Burn).

They’ve been greenlit for season 6–but it will be the final season.

Got those mixed up. Binged on Season 4 last Jan & have the DVD/BLU Ray on order from Amazon delivering later this month, but yes 5 is coming out on Prime on the 16th.

Also a massive Rush fan. How did I not know that? My first Rush album was Hemispheres, but my favorite by far is Caress of Steel. In fact Geddy Lee is the reason I play a Rickenbacker 4001. I bought it in the early 80s and it was my number one bass until 2015 when I bought a Spector that knocked it back to number 2.

I'm a 1st Gen Rush fan. Lost some interest after Power Windows, then Neil's first wife & daughter died so a big gap in new material.

But I saw them in concert 2X when I lived in MN a few years back, and the last one was their last tour.

With Neil gone now & Alex having arthritis in his hands the band is done. I remember Neil's lyrics & hear his drumming everytime a Rush song is placed locally.

I'm a 1st Gen Rush fan. Lost some interest after Power Windows, then Neil's first wife & daughter died so a big gap in new material.

But I saw them in concert 2X when I lived in MN a few years back, and the last one was their last tour.

With Neil gone now & Alex having arthritis in his hands the band is done. I remember Neil's lyrics & hear his drumming everytime a Rush song is placed locally.

Yeah, personally I quit paying attention to Rush albums when they came out with whatever came after Moving Pictures. I think it was Subdivisons. I still went to a couple of their shows after that though. Live shows are always good. Except here in the last few years where Ged is forced to do falsetto. I very much prefer the early stuff.

Amos is my spirit animal...

But, back to holsters...I’ve found that holsters are a very hit & miss proposition, very individual...and that a shooter will likely end up with a box of holsters that don’t quite work, or are for different carry situations.

I can say, though—if I had to just use one style of holster from now on, it would be a strong-side pancake-style OWB.

Back