testtest

GoGun Gas Pedal, Gimmick or Fantastic Accessory

1648600341277.png

Some like it, some don't. It's faded in and out of the competition side now for decades, and I'm not surprised to see it doing the same here in the tactical/defensive side of the house, either.

The device's underlying marketing assumption is that we each tackle the modern "thumbs forward grip" in the same way, so that its mechanics/physics should make things better.

The reality, however, is that the "thumbs forward grip" is just a very wide descriptor for a technique that, as with any other, sees a near-infinite permutation of how exactly it is achieved.

For the modern "thumbs forward grip," this now aged article in Handguns is often cited as a definitive primer:

Take note of just how differently each of the top-tier -legendary- shooters achieve their "thumbs forward grip." (I wrote about what I perceived their differences to be in the following old DC.com Forum post - https://www.defensivecarry.com/threads/proper-grip-recoil-managment.132220/page-4#post-2206702).

Whether or not you as a unique shooter will see improvements in terms of recoil control when using this device depends highly on just how your support hand interfaces with the gun.

Back