testtest

Good Sign for Ammo Availability?

And that's the manufacturer's retail price.
They're gouging. It's not like they aren't making money hand over fist from sales to distributors. I get it when a retailer has to jack prices up to compensate for distributors charging them more but it's not cool when the manufacturer gets in on it.

Remington doesn't have anything to sell to retail customers. "Check the distributors"... that's a sure receipt for price gouging.
At least Federal trickles a bit of ammo on their website.

We all seem to be agreement here. I’m in SW Pennsylvania and 9mm is available, hard to find locally the closer to Pittsburgh you get. 380 is impossible to find, best price online has been around $0.90, which is crazy. I just spent an evening staring at gunbroker.com and those ammo auctions look to me to be a major contributor to the problem. As long as ammo can be made into a hustle the issue of people hoarding it up and reselling it on auctions at a profit is going to keep things as they are. Unfortunately for me, the stuff that is available locally is being inflated as well. I did see that Remington is back up and running 24/7 so hopefully the extra big manufacture getting back into production eventually makes a dent in the supply side of things.

IMO that's called inflation. What those trillions of "stimulus" and "free" money are doing to the economy is just devaluing the currency.
Don't forget the proposal for a mandatory $15/hour minimum wage.

Any time you pay twice as much for a unit of goods...the value of both drops by 50%. Paying twice as much for the same amount of work makes zero sense - you aren't getting anything more for your money.

We all seem to be agreement here. I’m in SW Pennsylvania and 9mm is available, hard to find locally the closer to Pittsburgh you get. 380 is impossible to find, best price online has been around $0.90, which is crazy. I just spent an evening staring at gunbroker.com and those ammo auctions look to me to be a major contributor to the problem. As long as ammo can be made into a hustle the issue of people hoarding it up and reselling it on auctions at a profit is going to keep things as they are. Unfortunately for me, the stuff that is available locally is being inflated as well. I did see that Remington is back up and running 24/7 so hopefully the extra big manufacture getting back into production eventually makes a dent in the supply side of things.
Remington may eventually help, but their ammo have seen so far has been same elevated price as other ammo have seen of same type locally. Penny for penny.

Don't forget the proposal for a mandatory $15/hour minimum wage.

Any time you pay twice as much for a unit of goods...the value of both drops by 50%. Paying twice as much for the same amount of work makes zero sense - you aren't getting anything more for your money.
Am thinking your spot on on what you stated.
Effects? My son said his IRS refund was "adjusted" lower by the IRS due to covid relief fund. The $15.hr minimum wage won't help anyone or anything for the better because money doesn't just magically appear, it will come from someplace in any business and product/service prices will be adjusted to reflect that difference. And, essentially making anyone earning more than the $15.hr's money, wages and spending power worth less and essentially increases inflation. So, nothing's really gaining anywhere except inflation? An ignorant plan created by who?....

Back